DVForge ships JamPod, The Clips | iLounge News

DVForge ships JamPod, The Clips

DVForge has announced that two of its recently announced iPod products are now shipping.

JamPod ($29.99) plugs into the top of any Dock Connector iPod (3G/4G, photo and mini) and lets you play an electric guitar along with the songs on your iPod.

The Clips ($14.99) is a set of three different mounting clips for the iPod shuffle, including a belt clip, a gripper clip, and a push pin clip which snap securely onto the USB plug end of the shuffle.

« Prototype Numark iPod DJ mixer shown

Apple takes lead in flash market, continues domination »

Comments

Oh good!  My Clips should be on the way then (hopefully!)

Pam smile

Posted by Pam M. in So. California on April 14, 2005 at 9:22 AM (PDT)

Very Cool. I have a bass Guitar, but im guessing it will work with that *hopefully*

Dawn Marie

Posted by Dawn Marie in New York City on April 14, 2005 at 11:55 AM (PDT)

This is such ########!  I preordered The Clips last month (3-18).  I’m still waiting.  They were supposed to ship April 6th.  I haven’t even received an kind of notification that it has shipped.  Worst of all, my credit card got charged when I preordered it.  I am not a happy camper.  I have held off on buying accessories for my shuffle because I have been waiting for The Clips.

Posted by Tchocky in The O.C. on April 15, 2005 at 8:41 AM (PDT)

Tchocky:

The Clips began shipping yesterday, April 14th. And, all U.S. preorders were shipped.

I am sorry that you have been upset by the 8-day delay from our intended shipping date. The plastics color of the first production run units didn’t suit me. So, I stopped the run, and had the needed changes made so that the product would more exactly match the color of the iPod shuffle. I thought the delay would be better than shipping slightly off-white Clips.

Dawn:

Yes. The JamPod can be setup easily to work with your bass guitar. Just trim the volume control on your bass to where the cleanness/sound is how you like it. Set the iPod volume to match. Then, use the JamPod volume control to set the overall headphone level.

Posted by MacMice on April 15, 2005 at 8:56 AM (PDT)

Interesting reading about Macmice:

Posted by busybusy on April 16, 2005 at 11:03 AM (PDT)

Thank you Macmice! I really appriciate your response!

Posted by Dawn Marie in New York City on April 16, 2005 at 9:26 PM (PDT)

Received my JamPod on Friday and could not be more disappointed. Cheap quality and terrible sound. Save your money and read my post here:

Posted by techmonk in California USA on April 17, 2005 at 9:33 PM (PDT)

***UPDATE***

Contacted DVForge to begin the RMA process for returning my JamPod. They responded that an “unforeseen QC(quality control) issue” occurred and that they would promptly refund my money. I feel it important to mention that the company has been very communicative and positive to me throughout the purchase and return :( of the JamPod.

Posted by techmonk in California USA on April 18, 2005 at 11:39 AM (PDT)