EA releases Tiger Woods PGA Tour for iPhone, iPod touch | iLounge News

EA releases Tiger Woods PGA Tour for iPhone, iPod touch

image

Electronic Arts has released Tiger Woods PGA Tour, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Tiger lets players create their own golfer, or control a number of professionals, including Tiger Woods, Annika Sorenstam, Vijay Singh, Natalie Gulbis, and Retief Goosen, using a touch-n-drag Swing Meter to perform shots. The game features seven different 3D courses, including Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, TPC Sawgrass, and Doral, play-by-play commentary, realistic sound effects, and in-flight spin control. Tiger Woods PGA Tour is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.

For more information on Tiger Woods PGA Tour, see our full review.

« Gameloft intros Siberian Strike for iPhone, iPod touch

iPhone app makers become acquisition targets »

Comments

With a file size of 159MB, I’ll have to wait to find some Wi-Fi to download it.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on April 30, 2009 at 10:00 AM (PDT)

Been waiting for this one for a while. Just got down playing it. Gotta say so far i love it. You can do top spin after your shot that rocks.

Posted by Shameless1 on April 30, 2009 at 4:53 PM (PDT)

I can’t say enough about this game.  It ROCKS!  It a great time to play and the controls are very intuitive.  Very impressed!  It’s amazing to see a game like this on a PHONE!  That’s what the iPhone can do for ya!!!

Posted by Josh Yates on May 1, 2009 at 5:53 AM (PDT)

I’ll have to download when I get home.
When you close the app does it remember which hole you’re on or do you have to complete a round?

Posted by Ryan on May 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM (PDT)

It allows you to save at any point

Posted by Shameless1 on May 1, 2009 at 11:50 AM (PDT)

Other than being too easy this game is excellent.

I shouldn’t be able to shoot a -16 in my second game with a character that is hardly upgraded.

Posted by Ryan on May 4, 2009 at 5:17 AM (PDT)

I got a -55 on the first match of the PGA Tour in this game. It is wayyyy to easy. i love golf and I love this game, but EA needs an update with different difficulty levels. It is too easy if you know how to play. Like the person above, the player I was playing with (myself) wasn’t upgraded at all and I still got the -55.

Posted by Kellen on May 14, 2009 at 7:25 PM (PDT)