EA releases Tiger Woods PGA Tour for iPhone, iPod touch | iLounge News

EA releases Tiger Woods PGA Tour for iPhone, iPod touch

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, April 30, 2009
News Categories: Apps + Games

image

Electronic Arts has released Tiger Woods PGA Tour, its latest game for the iPhone and iPod touch. Tiger lets players create their own golfer, or control a number of professionals, including Tiger Woods, Annika Sorenstam, Vijay Singh, Natalie Gulbis, and Retief Goosen, using a touch-n-drag Swing Meter to perform shots. The game features seven different 3D courses, including Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, TPC Sawgrass, and Doral, play-by-play commentary, realistic sound effects, and in-flight spin control. Tiger Woods PGA Tour is available now from the App Store and sells for $10.

For more information on Tiger Woods PGA Tour, see our full review.

« Gameloft intros Siberian Strike for iPhone, iPod touch

iPhone app makers become acquisition targets »

Comments

With a file size of 159MB, I’ll have to wait to find some Wi-Fi to download it.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on April 30, 2009 at 10:00 AM (PDT)

Been waiting for this one for a while. Just got down playing it. Gotta say so far i love it. You can do top spin after your shot that rocks.

Posted by Shameless1 on April 30, 2009 at 4:53 PM (PDT)

I can’t say enough about this game.  It ROCKS!  It a great time to play and the controls are very intuitive.  Very impressed!  It’s amazing to see a game like this on a PHONE!  That’s what the iPhone can do for ya!!!

Posted by Josh Yates on May 1, 2009 at 5:53 AM (PDT)

I’ll have to download when I get home.
When you close the app does it remember which hole you’re on or do you have to complete a round?

Posted by Ryan on May 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM (PDT)

It allows you to save at any point

Posted by Shameless1 on May 1, 2009 at 11:50 AM (PDT)

Other than being too easy this game is excellent.

I shouldn’t be able to shoot a -16 in my second game with a character that is hardly upgraded.

Posted by Ryan on May 4, 2009 at 5:17 AM (PDT)

I got a -55 on the first match of the PGA Tour in this game. It is wayyyy to easy. i love golf and I love this game, but EA needs an update with different difficulty levels. It is too easy if you know how to play. Like the person above, the player I was playing with (myself) wasn’t upgraded at all and I still got the -55.

Posted by Kellen on May 14, 2009 at 7:25 PM (PDT)