Economy poll ends, majority of readers cutting back
After receiving just over 3,000 votes, our latest iLounge Poll — “Have recent economic conditions made you change your holiday shopping plans?” — has ended. Users were given choices ranging from major or minor cutbacks to spending the same or larger amounts, with the final choice noting that the economy is not an issue in their area.
More than half of readers — 61 percent — said they planned to spend less on holiday shopping than they did last year, with 36 percent saying they were planning to spend a lot less, and 25 percent saying they were cutting spending by a modest amount. 26 percent said they plan to spend the same amount as they did last year, while only five percent said they planned on spending more, and seven percent said the economy was not an issue where they live. Thanks for your responses!
For the next three weeks, our iLounge Poll is the 2008 Readers’ Choice Awards, allowing readers to vote for the 2008 iPhone + iPod Application Developer of the Year, Game Developer of the Year, Accessory Developer of the Year, and the best new Apple media player. Voting for the Readers’ Choice Awards will be open until October 29, 2008. We look forward to your responses!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Automatic releases new Automatic Lite version of car monitoring accessory
- Apple releases fourth tvOS 10.0.1 beta
- iOS dev finds unimplemented one-handed keyboard in iOS code
- Apple sends out press invites for ‘Hello Again’ Oct. 27 Mac event
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.1 to developers
- Apple patners with builders to include HomeKit-enabled devices in new homes
- Report about Apple Pay in Japan hints at Oct. 25 release for iOS 10.1
- Apple Pay adds 20+ new U.S. banks and credit unions, MBNA Canada coming ‘mid-2017’
- Misfit launches Phase smartwatch
- ecobee releases ecobee3 lite HomeKit-enabled Smart Thermostat
- Incase Icon, Pop, and Textured Snap for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Philips Hue Motion Sensor
- Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature Headphones
- Tech Armor FlexProtect and Shock Flex for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- SwitchEasy Flash and Fleur for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Blue Microphones Raspberry Mobile Microphone
- Incipio Haven for iPhone 7 and Reprieve Sport for iPhone 7 Plus
- Mophie Hold Force Magnetic Case System for iPhone 7
- Speck Presidio and Tech21 Evo Tactical for iPhone 7
- Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge Rockstar
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps