Eighth iPhone television ad appears online [updated] | iLounge News

Eighth iPhone television ad appears online [updated]

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, August 15, 2007
News Categories: iPhone

image

Apple has begun airing a new iPhone television commercial, which has appeared on YouTube. The spot, speculatively titled “How?”, is the eighth iPhone commercial. The spot says, “All these years, you’ve gone through the day without email like this in your pocket… or stock updates like this in your pocket… or internet like this in your pocket… and you survived. The question is… How?” Apple has yet to update its official site with the advertisement.

Update: Apple has now posted the commercial, titled “All These Years,” along with a ninth iPhone advertisement, titled “All The Parts.” Both commercials are now available for viewing on Apple’s website.

« Logitech launches Pure-Fi iPod speaker systems

iLounge Adds Free iPhone Book to Million-Copy iPod Book 3 »

Comments

There are actually 2 new commercials, and both are now up on Apple’s website.

“All These Years”
“All The Parts”

Posted by lancetx on August 15, 2007 at 7:53 PM (PDT)

How?
I had a treo, that’s how!
Jeez, where do they come up with this stuff?  They could compete with Al Gore for the whole “invented the interweb” thing.

Posted by Dopial on August 16, 2007 at 5:56 AM (PDT)

Hmm, I wasn’t aware that the Treo had a rich internet browser anywhere nearly as full featured as Safari, or that it had an interactive stock widget either.  Funny, I don’t see those listed as Treo features on Palm’s website either…

Posted by @Dopial on August 16, 2007 at 6:46 AM (PDT)

I had a Treo that I happily ditched to get an iPhone. The Treo is one of the most underwhelming and user-unfriendly devices I’ve owned.

Posted by Flippy Hambone on August 16, 2007 at 9:31 AM (PDT)

Lived without email in your pocket…unless you had a BlackBerry.

Posted by Ian on August 16, 2007 at 7:19 PM (PDT)

And how many applications can you guys run on your iPhones? I have around 80 on my Treo. One that helps me track my expenses, full MS Office productivity, all kinds of small programs that help me design PCR primers, calculate PCR master-mixes, exchange values and two dozens of other scientific apps… and all that without having to worry about whether I have a network coverage at the moment. Beat that.

Posted by mekanik on August 17, 2007 at 6:24 AM (PDT)

mekanik,

You must have been one of the most lucky Treo users on the planet then.  The pain and agony of trying to get even a few Treo apps to install and run without making my Treo 600 or my 650 both unstable and unusable causing you to wipe them and put apps back that might work together.  In the end I think at no time did I ever have a stable treo with more than 3 or 4 carefully selected applications running that were not stock.  Snappermail, TuSSH, and and… ok I can think of two…  This is a very common complaint about at least the PalmOS based Treos.

Posted by wow on August 17, 2007 at 5:51 PM (PDT)