Elgato unveils EyeTV HD DVR for Mac
Elgato has unveiled its new EyeTV HD digital video recorder solution for Mac. Interfacing with the computer via USB, the EyeTV HD features component video and stereo audio inputs, with a break-out cable for standard definition composite and S-Video input. The box is designed to connect to an existing satellite or cable set-top box, with an IR blaster for control via the EyeTV 3 software. It records in H.264-formatted video, and has a unique dual-format capture mode that can record iPad- and iPhone-formatted video simultaneously. Other features include the ability to stream live TV to an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch over Wi-Fi or 3G using the $5 EyeTV app, and one year of free program guide data from TV Guide; renewals cost $20 per year. Elgato’s EyeTV HD DVR for Mac requires a computer with a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better, 2GB of RAM, and Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later, and sells for $200.
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?