Elgato unveils EyeTV HD DVR for Mac
Elgato has unveiled its new EyeTV HD digital video recorder solution for Mac. Interfacing with the computer via USB, the EyeTV HD features component video and stereo audio inputs, with a break-out cable for standard definition composite and S-Video input. The box is designed to connect to an existing satellite or cable set-top box, with an IR blaster for control via the EyeTV 3 software. It records in H.264-formatted video, and has a unique dual-format capture mode that can record iPad- and iPhone-formatted video simultaneously. Other features include the ability to stream live TV to an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch over Wi-Fi or 3G using the $5 EyeTV app, and one year of free program guide data from TV Guide; renewals cost $20 per year. Elgato’s EyeTV HD DVR for Mac requires a computer with a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better, 2GB of RAM, and Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later, and sells for $200.
- Apple ceasing development for Aperture, iPhoto in favor of Photos
- WWDC 2014: All The News You Want To See
- MS Office coming to iOS in 2013
- SuperSync 5 adds advanced ITunes Match support
- Apple releases Configurator 1.1
- iCloud Tabs to share Safari tabs between Mac, iOS
- Apple issues workaround for Messages text string bug
- Apple acquires Metaio, an augmented reality company
- Apple stuck with court-appointed antitrust monitor
- Apple to unveil rewards system for Apple Pay
- GM bringing CarPlay to 14 of its 2016 Chevy models
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Spigen Apple Watch Stand S330
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?