Emeril LaGasse releases ReciPods, ReciPods Too | iLounge News

Emeril LaGasse releases ReciPods, ReciPods Too

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Friday, April 29, 2005
News Categories: iPod

Emerils.com, the website of famous chef Emeril LaGasse, has now made ReciPods and ReciPods Too available for download. The free recipe collections can be transferred to and read on your iPod.

“We tried to cram 1000 recipes into one iPod app, then discovered that we had 20+ related recipes (sauces, etc) that crashed the app,” says an Emeril representative. “So we divided the app into two equal halves. ReciPods has 510+ recipes and ReciPods Too has 510+ recipes.”

As noted in February, Emerils.com also offers two other free iPod software titles: mFinder (information about Emeril’s 9 restaurants) and PodMeals (weekly menu provided on Emerils.com that comes from the cooking section).

« Mac: iTunes Library Manager 4.1 released

Mac: iPod.iTunes 2.8 released »

Comments

Ok, so I followed directions and downloaded it but when I go to open it in my pod, all I get is jibberish. Any advice on what I did wrong? I tried exploring the problem, but to no avail.

Posted by Andipod on May 1, 2005 at 7:17 AM (PDT)

You must enable the iPod as a hard drive.

Posted by HowEver in Toronto on May 1, 2005 at 7:32 AM (PDT)

I did enable the ipod as a hard drive. I chose this option in ‘ipod options’. I’m sure I screwed up a step somewhere. I’ll have to figure it out.
HowEver, did you download any of these?

Posted by Andipod on May 1, 2005 at 7:45 AM (PDT)

I did the same, and ended up with gibberish…

Posted by mvague on May 2, 2005 at 6:34 AM (PDT)

mine worked fine…not sure i’ll ever use them   (drink menus are pretty handy) but a nice way to use the ‘notes’ section of your ipod.

Posted by ipododie on May 2, 2005 at 7:46 AM (PDT)

Recipes on the iPod doesn’t compare to eating at one of his restaurants…meals from his restaurants have been some of the best I’ve ever had.

In particular I love Delmonico Steakhouse in Vegas.

Posted by Talking Madness in Los Angeles on May 2, 2005 at 11:20 AM (PDT)