Engineered Audio explains shipping delay for RemoteRemote | iLounge News

Engineered Audio explains shipping delay for RemoteRemote

Engineered Audio, developers of the RemoteRemote wireless remote controller for iPod have sent iLounge an open letter explaining its delay in shipping. The demand for a shipping product has been intense since its announcement. Please click ‘Read more’ for the open letter.

Open Letter from Engineered Audio:

So, it looks like the summer is almost over and still no RemoteRemote. Well, we’d like to apologize for the slip in the shipping schedule, and would like to ask (perhaps beg) for forgiveness in not shipping this unique item.  When we (pre)announced this product 2 months ago, we felt confident that by now the RemoteRemote would ship.  Unfortunately, that is just not the case.

For a number of reasons (some by our own making, some forced upon us), we have not been able to ship yet.  We are hopeful that we can get these out the door very soon.  However, we would like to ask for a little understanding and patience, for what will be a cool (and rabidly popular) product.

And to our (potential) international customers, you have not been forgotten.  We should be able to take orders from outside the US shortly.

Best Regards,
The Crew at Engineered Audio

« Two New Desktops Added

SF Chronicle: Artists blast record companies over lawsuits against downloaders »

Comments

will this really be that popular?? I havn’t taken my ipod remote out of its wrapper…

Posted by bababooey on September 14, 2003 at 9:06 PM (CDT)

Yeah, I never use mine. It with the combination of my other headphones make it a long line of wires.

Posted by Kirara in KS on September 14, 2003 at 9:30 PM (CDT)

I will definately buy one of these if they would sell it in a store. I just don’t like buying stuff online unless I have to, because I would like to examine closely the thing I’m about to buy.

It would be a great use to me (I only have a 10 GB, which does not have a remote), as the wired remote that Apple sells is reported to have a cord so long that it would cause a huge mess of wires, making this a very attractive alternative, because it dosn’t add THAT much to your headphone cable, and the controller is completely wireless!

Posted by Sraphim on September 14, 2003 at 10:29 PM (CDT)

The Navipod from Ten Technologies is a good alternative.  It uses IR rather than RF, so you do need line-of-sight to the pod, and it probably doesn’t go as far.  However, in my house, it works great, as far as 20 or 30 feet away.  It might go farther, but that’s about as far as you can get in my little place!  They make one for older, pre-docking-connector pods, and the newer ipod.  You can buy them from Dr. Bott, and maybe other places too, I’m not sure.  Here’s a link:

Posted by JonYo on September 14, 2003 at 11:32 PM (CDT)

the navipod from dr bott is sort of like for a home system, it has a stand, and is very big, etc. this one seems to replace the apple remote for use when walking etc. (portable)

Posted by mhz on September 15, 2003 at 7:11 AM (CDT)

If you live in an apartment building or a dorm, your neighbors may be controlling your iPod with their remote. At least the IR is limited to the room its in.

Posted by podjoy on September 17, 2003 at 10:25 PM (CDT)

I want this one for car use. I put the ipod in a little compartment between the two seats in the front and leave it on random. It I don’t want to hear the song, I can just hit next on the remote. This would be sweet with no wires….

Posted by biscool on September 20, 2003 at 8:39 AM (CDT)