Engineered Audio RemoteRemote is fixed, updated units shipping next week
Engineered Audio has emailed another update reporting that they have fixed the RemoteRemote to work with iPods using firmware 2.1, and the shipping of units will begin next week.
11/07/2003 Update ... We have fixed, and tested, the RemoteRemote receiver. We will resume customer shipping next week (note that we have a large backlog, and it will take time to fulfill all of the current orders). Those that have RemoteRemote’s that are currently working (with an older software version of the iPod), we would ask that you wait a week or two in returning the unit for an update.
For customers that have inoperative units, we will do one of two things:
One, offer a refund to any customer that wants to return the RemoteRemote. If you do wish to return the unit for a refund, please contact “[email protected]” for an RMA number before returning it.
Or, Two, you may send in your receiver (... only the receiver needs to be sent ...) in a padded envelope and we will update it, test it, and return it back to you. When sending in your unit, it is not necessary to email E.A. in advance, however, we ask that you include your name and return shipping address inside the package.
Lastly, we would like to take this opportunity to apologize for this problem, and acknowledge with gratitude the patience everyone has shown.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Apple removes Secret app from Brazilian App Store
- Alleged Foxconn leak reveals iPhone 6 dimensions
- Reuters: Backlight redesign disrupted iPhone 6 production
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today