The Buyers’ Guide Bloggers Contest - Winners Announced
By now, you’ve seen our Buyers’ Guide 2005 and the excellent contest winners it produced. Today we’re happy to announce a brand new contest for the Buyers’ Guide: the Bloggers Contest.
iLounge is a strong supporter of emerging technologies, and has used its Buyers’ Guide and Free Music sections to spotlight responsible uses of peer-to-peer networks and independent web site downloads. Now we’re hoping to spolight another Internet innovation: the blog.
The rules for this contest are very simple. We’ll publicize and award prizes to three blogs that spread the word about the new Buyers’ Guide. Our grand prize winner will be picked on straight numbers: the blog with the most referrals to our Buyers’ Guide 2005 page will win a pair of Shure E5c Earphones (valued at $500). We will also select two second place winners randomly from the pool of all blogs with 25 or more unique referrals, so virtually anyone has a chance to win. Each of these second place winners will get one set of Etymotic 6i Isolator Earphones (valued at $149). All of these prizes were graciously donated by EarphoneSolutions.com.
All you need to do is insert one of these badges onto your blog’s page - with the code that lets us properly count your referrals. We’ll count and make our selections a month from now, as per the official rules below. And don’t cheat by repeatedly clicking (or telling your readers to repeatedly click) through to the referral page - we reserve the right to automatically disqualify any entry for multiple click-throughs.
Step One: Choose your badge
Please upload this badge to your own website and link it to:
Please upload this badge to your own website and link it to:
Step Two: Please email us with a link to the page displaying the badge.
We’ll check only one other thing before awarding prizes: whether one of the badges above is on your page. If it is, and you’ve been selected, you win. Where you place the badge on your site is up to you, but obviously, you’ll have a better chance if you use a more noticeable badge (or two) someplace obvious on your site.
List of Some of the Top Participating Blogs:
CRvets for Truth
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The Buyers’ Guide Bloggers Contest will begin as of this posting.
- Deadline for entry is May 6, 2005 at 11:59pm PT.
- All submissions become the property (intellectual and otherwise) of iLounge.
- A total of one prize will be awarded per winning blog, with three total prizes to be awarded overall. No substitutions are permitted.
- iLounge reserves the right to automatically void blog entries in the event of suspected fraud. Repeated click-throughs from duplicate or similar IP addresses may result in voiding of entry.
- iLounge can only count referrals connected to IP addresses. Individuals using personal firewalls may not be counted for purposes of this contest. If you are concerned about the impact of firewalls on your total referral count, please inform your readers to temporarily disable their firewalls when accessing the Buyers’ Guide pages.
- This giveaway is open to U.S. and international residents.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Void where prohibited.
- iLounge is not responsible for computer malfunctions, bugs or viruses, or any problems beyond our control. iLounge has the right to terminate this contest at any given time without notice.
- All information submitted becomes the property of iLounge. iLounge will not release any personally identifiable information to any third party other than necessary to deliver the prize to winners, and identify the winners.
- The Grand Prize consists of one (1) set of Shure E5c earphones valued at $500. Two Second Prizes each consist of one (1) set of Etymotic ER-6i earphones valued at $149.
- Winners will be notified by email and announced here.
- Associates, employees, principles, or relatives thereof of iLounge are not eligible.
- All taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize selected does not imply or express any endorsement from the manufacturers or any other relationship with iLounge.
- iLounge reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of California, to correct errors and omissions, or to ensure fairness as determined by iLounge. Such modifications, if any, will be posted at iLounge.
- Any attempt to manipulate, interfere with, or otherwise alter any entries, other systems or services of iLounge will disqualify all those implicated and subject them to prosecution in the State of California, United States and/or other jurisdictions.
- Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms and your waiver of any other related rights you may have in any jurisdiction.
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q3 results: $42.4B revenue, 40M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- Researchers expose security flaw in Osram smart bulbs
- Cops bust ‘criminal enterprise’ using stolen credit cards at Chicago-area Apple stores
- Update in iOS 10 allows for autoplay of silent videos in Safari
- WSJ: Apple brings in trusted executive Mansfield to head Apple Car project
- CarPlay to be available in all 2017 Ford models
- Rumors claim new iPhone will be released Sept. 16, could have ‘iPhone 6 SE’ name
- Photos claim to show alleged ‘iPad Pro 2’
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app