ESPN in talks with Apple to bring content to Apple TV
ESPN is in talks with Apple regarding the former’s WatchESPN app being included on the Apple TV. Bloomberg reports that a deal between the two companies is not imminent, but notes that a similar deal has already been worked out between the sports network and Microsoft, which offers WatchESPN access via the Xbox 360. “We’re a platform-agnostic content company,” said Sean Bratches, ESPN’s executive vice president of affiliate and advertising sales. “To the extent that in the future there’s an opportunity with Apple to authenticate through the pay-TV food chain as we’re doing with Microsoft, that’s something that we will participate in.” The network currently offers the WatchESPN app—which requires a subscription to the traditional cable channel through a participating operator—as a free Universal download for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Disney pressuring Apple to include more of its channels in upcoming TV service
- HBO Now channel added to Apple TV (Updated)
- New Apple TV model won’t support 4K streaming
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?