Etchamac puts laser etched images on your iPod | iLounge News

Etchamac puts laser etched images on your iPod

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, July 13, 2005
News Categories: iPod

imageEtchamac has expanded its custom laser etching service to include the iPod and iPod mini. The company uses a CO2 laser to professionally etch the image or text (or both) of your choice directly to the backside of your iPod. Text costs $30 for both iPods and iPod minis, while an image and text costs $50 for full-size iPods and $40 for iPod minis.

“The process is done at low power and can not damage your iPod,” explains Etchamac. “The process is quick, clean, and permanent. From family pictures to corporate logos, line art, or your favorite team. You give us the art and we will etch your iPod or Powerbook.”

« Muff Dock lets your iPod relax, recharge

Mix: iPod shipments, Album sales, Macworld Expo, Sales growth »

Comments

That’s the sweetest thing ever, my iPods name is Einstein

Posted by stefan on July 13, 2005 at 10:42 AM (PDT)

I would definately be interested in this for my iPod.  I guess I’ll wait until the on-line ordering is available on their site.

Posted by LDRiPod in Redondo Beach on July 13, 2005 at 12:36 PM (PDT)

Does it invalidate the warranty ?

Posted by Avi on July 13, 2005 at 2:35 PM (PDT)

The images on their site look like the image has been photoshopped on. I wonder what they really look like.

Posted by billybobjones on July 13, 2005 at 6:41 PM (PDT)

that is what they look like, is pretty amazing to even see them in your own hand, no it does not invalidate it, cause there is no harm done to it. else why would they have done word inscriptions from apple? You should see some of the Powerbooks that they have!!! it is SWEET!

Posted by joe Park on July 13, 2005 at 7:40 PM (PDT)

I’m sure that’s the same method used for the signatures on the U2 Special Edition.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on July 14, 2005 at 12:17 AM (PDT)

I GOT MINE!!!!! They do color film on them too!!! I got some tribal art around my apple on my powerbook with some gold inlay, it looks so so bad!!

Posted by Joe Park on July 15, 2005 at 9:32 AM (PDT)

that is pretty clean i want to wait til i get a new ipod ill wait til the 5g’s cuz put it on a 3g would be like tattooin a 80yr old haha jk but yah it looks cool

Posted by BIGP in Texas on July 15, 2005 at 6:27 PM (PDT)