Etymotic 6i earphones for $119 | iLounge News

Etymotic 6i earphones for $119

EarphoneSolutions.com is offering the New Etymotic 6i earphones for $119 + shipping (around $5). Enter coupon code F119POD88 during checkout. EarphoneSolutions.com coupon is an exclusive and private offer for iLounge. EarphoneSolutions.com is an Authorized Etymotic dealer and the earphones come with a full Warranty by Etymotic and a 30 day money back guarantee (some fees may apply).

« Windows: CopyPod 4.0 released

If Then Software releases the “iPod ActionPak” »

Comments

Anyone ever try these headphones? Their product page looks impressive, but are they really worth over $100, especially if most of my music is ripped at 128kbs.

Posted by Sam on September 18, 2004 at 5:01 PM (CDT)

Many people did. Have a look at www.head-fi.com Overall people seem to like them a lot and consider them a great deal. And that forum is frequented mostly by audiophiles some of whom spent thousands of dollars on headphones + related equipment.
If they are worth 100$ bucks for _you_ really depends on your personal preferences and of course financial situation.

Posted by guppi on September 18, 2004 at 5:11 PM (CDT)

i just bought mine from them like a week ago and i payed $124. definitally worth it

Posted by todd2fst4u on September 18, 2004 at 5:49 PM (CDT)

I use the ER-6i with a 3G iPod. I love ‘em. Etymotics are just the best. My wife has my old ER-6’s, I use ER-4P at home, but wanted something compact that matches the iPod in style, plus the $240 ER-4’s are bit much for the gym, etc. The ER-6i is a great “canal” phone with high sensitive and good bass response with the iPod.

You have to get used to the idea of inserting these things -deeply- into your ears, but the sound is awesome. Plus, they function as earplugs, giving much better noise isolation than Bose or other anti-sound headphones. I highly recommend them.

Posted by Charles Bouldin on September 18, 2004 at 5:56 PM (CDT)

what is the full warranty?  90 days?

Posted by chris on September 18, 2004 at 6:02 PM (CDT)

anti sound headphones are midly a gimmick.  they sound nowhere as good as 6is or anything else in the ety series…

er-4s…mmm…

Posted by chris on September 18, 2004 at 6:19 PM (CDT)

if you register your phone on Etymotic’s website you get a one year warranty.

Posted by chief on September 18, 2004 at 7:41 PM (CDT)

I mean “earphones” (it’s 4am…)

Posted by chief on September 18, 2004 at 7:42 PM (CDT)

I own these headphones and they sound simply amazing. They just really put you deep into you music like you never have been before. I do not have any other really high end earphoens to compare them with, but this is a very worth upgrade from the sony mdr-71’s. Buy them. Now.

Posted by John on September 18, 2004 at 8:39 PM (CDT)

Yeah, I concur - they┬┤re real good.

Posted by Market Maven on September 18, 2004 at 8:59 PM (CDT)

i heart mine. :)  don’t leave home w/out them.

Posted by pinchycm on September 19, 2004 at 1:21 AM (CDT)

Anyone who have BOTH Etymotic 6i and Shure E3c, can give some suggestions here?

I use my iPod to listen to casual musics and songs, mix of rock, soul, dance, jazz classical etc and not really in detail to any particular type.

I know I can get from some infos from reviews but just wanna hear from the ‘REAL’ owners.

These canal phones doesn’t come cheap so I was hoping my limited budget was spent on the best of both….

BTW, am currently using Sony’s EX71…

Posted by Marvin Heng on September 19, 2004 at 6:18 AM (CDT)

I’m unable to get my Apple in-ear phones to stay in my ears—and yes I’ve tried all the tricks posted here and elsewhere. Does anyone know if the E3cs are any easier to insert and keep in the ear?

Posted by tom on September 19, 2004 at 11:39 AM (CDT)

I agree, noise cancelling earphones are a gimmick.  $300.00 later, and I can still hear my wife when she talks to me when I wear the Bose!!!!!

Posted by Ishgabibbel on September 19, 2004 at 2:03 PM (CDT)

E3cs are harder to insert than the 6i. I think the cords of the E3c are too thick and they’re always in the way. The 6i has a much lighter cable and it comes with a shirt clip. Sound wise the E3cs sometimes will deliver a too strong mid range. 6i is more balanced and I prefer that one. Yes, I have both.

Posted by Joey on September 19, 2004 at 2:27 PM (CDT)

Ishgabibbel-
my dad owns the bose quietcomfort 2’s. iv’e used them a couple of times. if you read a little bit about them you would see that they don’t cancel higher frequencies(such as talking). they do how ever cancel lower frequncies like cars or the sound of an airplane. i own the er-6i’s. i took them on a bus to a football game, (small bus, lots of football playing guys…yeah it was noisy) and it was dead silent. just me and my music the whole way.

Posted by todd2fst4u on September 19, 2004 at 10:18 PM (CDT)

Cheesecake is good, i stuff it into my ipod mini’s dock port to skool.

Posted by E1 Surez on September 19, 2004 at 10:45 PM (CDT)

Anybody get the Earphones Solutions website to work?  Been trying for a few hours…

Posted by KJMC in New York on September 20, 2004 at 10:02 AM (CDT)

i currently have a pair of e2cs which i love, would this be a large improvement over what i have or should i just stick with the e2cs

Posted by magid on September 20, 2004 at 4:42 PM (CDT)

I had a pair of ER-6s ... only for a week. Did not sound good at all. After using FutureSonics, I found the sound to be muddy,  and lacking. Replaced them with a pair of E3c’s that to my ears sound much better, albeit using the extra,etymotic-like inserts Shure sells as an optional part.  YMMV, I am sure. Thank God for choices. :-)

Posted by minime on September 21, 2004 at 2:30 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >