Etymotic announces new 6i Limited Edition Earphones | iLounge News

Etymotic announces new 6i Limited Edition Earphones

“The 6i was developed for Apple iPod users with the goal of providing greater sensitivity and enhanced bass without compromising fidelity,” explained Mead Killion, Ph.D., founder and president of Etymotic Research, Inc. They come in white to complement the design and image of Apple products. The 6i is supplied with additional eartips, extra filters and a small carrying case. The black ER-6, Etymotic

pic

« iPod lost and found - the benefits of registration

Alpine iPod interface info posted »

Comments

ER6’s *drooLz*

Two things holding me back were price and colour (you could have whatever flavour you wanted as long as it was black).

Damn… $149. =/

Seems like I’ll have to stick to white Fontopias.

Posted by Redux on July 10, 2004 at 12:39 AM (CDT)

same with me

Posted by thegfather on July 10, 2004 at 2:17 AM (CDT)

i want these :]

Posted by perplex on July 10, 2004 at 7:45 AM (CDT)

I’m still wondering how exactly they compare to their other products - I already have the ER4Ps, would this be an “upgrade” when using with the iPod???

Posted by Bill Clinton on July 10, 2004 at 10:36 AM (CDT)

Bill Clinton,

If you have the ER4P’s I doubt this would be an upgrade or they would be called “ER-4i”.  Lucky stiff

Posted by jwc110869 in Rochester, NY on July 10, 2004 at 11:26 AM (CDT)

I don’t know how you can complain about having to pay $149 for the ER-6i’s. I’m going to have to pay the equivilent of $240 when I get them here in the UK but they’ll be worth it.

Posted by Nick Biebuyck on July 10, 2004 at 2:29 PM (CDT)

Definitely my next purchase for iPod.  Love the white color.

Posted by ChrisVA in Nashville, TN on July 10, 2004 at 3:46 PM (CDT)

JeffryC:

The ER-6i are variations on the ER-6, which are Etymotic’s “budget” line. The ER-4P are one of three models in Etymotic’s “high-end” line. If you already have the ER-4P, the ER-6i will be a step down.

Posted by audio geek on July 12, 2004 at 10:25 PM (CDT)

Not neccessarily a step-down. Remember the ety 4s are high-end cans that, while they sound good with portable gear, they benefit more from a high-end home setup. Even the 4p sounds better amped.

It’s all about the synergy. If you’re using a portable DAP, these er6i’s could actually sound better.

I suspect it’s going to come down to personal preference.

Posted by MC on July 13, 2004 at 6:53 AM (CDT)

“providing greater sensitivity and enhanced bass” Sure it needed for the iPod coz it has wimpy headphone amp and trash equaliser…

Posted by Reality Check on July 13, 2004 at 5:10 PM (CDT)

DAP EQ’s are all crap anyway, just varying levels of crappy. You shouldn’t need the EQ anyway. LOL

Posted by MC on July 13, 2004 at 5:14 PM (CDT)

But if you have crap headphone amp like the iPod then at least the EQ shouldn’t be that crap.

Posted by Reality Check on July 13, 2004 at 7:46 PM (CDT)

So…are they that much better than the sony MDR-EX71SL? Yeah I also like the shure E5c’s haha shure $499 for cans ... I paid that for my iPod haha…pffft

Posted by JP_40GB on July 21, 2004 at 10:20 PM (CDT)

I’m in California in September and it sure beats paying over the odds for a pair in the UK.

Any ideas how I can get a pair whilst I’m in SF and LA?

Posted by Inj in Reading, UK on July 28, 2004 at 3:13 PM (CDT)