Etymotic debuts Bluetooth, iPhone headsets
Etymotic Research has introduced a pair of new headsets: the hf2 headset for the iPhone, and the etyBLU Dual Mode Bluetooth Headset. The hf2 (which stands for “high fidelity hands free”) combines the sound quality of the company’s ER-4P earphones with an in-line microphone and iPhone call/music control button. “The hf2 headset lets users talk and listen – to conversations as well as music – with greater accuracy, detail and noise isolation than previously possible with any iPhone headset,” said Mead Killion, Ph.D., founder and president of Etymotic Research. “In addition to the uncolored high-fidelity stereo sound Etymotic is known for, the hf2 headset lets users talk on their mobile phone with unprecedented ease. Earphone fidelity and noise isolation dramatically improve intelligibility while listening and speaking, especially in noisy locations. The cable to the microphone is shorter than usual, which places the microphone naturally closer to the mouth, making it truly hands free in many cases.” The Etymotic hf2 iPhone headset is available now and sells for $180.
The etyBLU Dual Mode Bluetooth Headset uses a combination of a noise-canceling boom microphone, called BLUmaxx, and noise-isolating earphone to provide what the company describes as the industry’s “highest level of noise isolation in the ear, and the highest noise-cancellation from the microphone for both speaker and listener.” The BLUmaxx boom mic can be disconnected for more discrete operation, and disconnection of the mic does not disconnect any ongoing calls. “Everyone is familiar with all-too-common cellphone users who broadcast their credit card number or the details of their love-life to everyone around them,” said Killion. “That’s because most headset microphones do not pick up sound near the mouth, so it is difficult for the caller to be heard, especially in noisy locations such as a restaurant or airport. The etyBLU with boom mic allows you to carry on a conversation next to a Harley motorcycle revving up at 100 dB SPL, and – more importantly – lets you carry on a conversation so quietly that those around you may not even notice you are talking.” The Etymotic etyBLU Dual Mode Bluetooth Headset is compatible Core Specification 2.1, Headset 1.1 and Handsfree 1.5 profiles, offers up to seven hours of talk time, up to 100 hours of standby time, and is available now for $130. [Pics via SlashGear]
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- Typo fined $860,000 for violating BlackBerry injunction
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?