Etymotic debuts Bluetooth, iPhone headsets
Etymotic Research has introduced a pair of new headsets: the hf2 headset for the iPhone, and the etyBLU Dual Mode Bluetooth Headset. The hf2 (which stands for “high fidelity hands free”) combines the sound quality of the company’s ER-4P earphones with an in-line microphone and iPhone call/music control button. “The hf2 headset lets users talk and listen – to conversations as well as music – with greater accuracy, detail and noise isolation than previously possible with any iPhone headset,” said Mead Killion, Ph.D., founder and president of Etymotic Research. “In addition to the uncolored high-fidelity stereo sound Etymotic is known for, the hf2 headset lets users talk on their mobile phone with unprecedented ease. Earphone fidelity and noise isolation dramatically improve intelligibility while listening and speaking, especially in noisy locations. The cable to the microphone is shorter than usual, which places the microphone naturally closer to the mouth, making it truly hands free in many cases.” The Etymotic hf2 iPhone headset is available now and sells for $180.
The etyBLU Dual Mode Bluetooth Headset uses a combination of a noise-canceling boom microphone, called BLUmaxx, and noise-isolating earphone to provide what the company describes as the industry’s “highest level of noise isolation in the ear, and the highest noise-cancellation from the microphone for both speaker and listener.” The BLUmaxx boom mic can be disconnected for more discrete operation, and disconnection of the mic does not disconnect any ongoing calls. “Everyone is familiar with all-too-common cellphone users who broadcast their credit card number or the details of their love-life to everyone around them,” said Killion. “That’s because most headset microphones do not pick up sound near the mouth, so it is difficult for the caller to be heard, especially in noisy locations such as a restaurant or airport. The etyBLU with boom mic allows you to carry on a conversation next to a Harley motorcycle revving up at 100 dB SPL, and – more importantly – lets you carry on a conversation so quietly that those around you may not even notice you are talking.” The Etymotic etyBLU Dual Mode Bluetooth Headset is compatible Core Specification 2.1, Headset 1.1 and Handsfree 1.5 profiles, offers up to seven hours of talk time, up to 100 hours of standby time, and is available now for $130. [Pics via SlashGear]
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Most screen protectors should work with 3D Touch
- Incipio acquires Incase
- Numerous companies debut iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus cases
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Google releases iOS app that links some Android Wear watches to newer iPhones
- Apple now selling SIM-free iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Parrot Airborne Night and Airborne Cargo Drones
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?