Etymotic debuts Bluetooth, iPhone headsets
Etymotic Research has introduced a pair of new headsets: the hf2 headset for the iPhone, and the etyBLU Dual Mode Bluetooth Headset. The hf2 (which stands for “high fidelity hands free”) combines the sound quality of the company’s ER-4P earphones with an in-line microphone and iPhone call/music control button. “The hf2 headset lets users talk and listen – to conversations as well as music – with greater accuracy, detail and noise isolation than previously possible with any iPhone headset,” said Mead Killion, Ph.D., founder and president of Etymotic Research. “In addition to the uncolored high-fidelity stereo sound Etymotic is known for, the hf2 headset lets users talk on their mobile phone with unprecedented ease. Earphone fidelity and noise isolation dramatically improve intelligibility while listening and speaking, especially in noisy locations. The cable to the microphone is shorter than usual, which places the microphone naturally closer to the mouth, making it truly hands free in many cases.” The Etymotic hf2 iPhone headset is available now and sells for $180.
The etyBLU Dual Mode Bluetooth Headset uses a combination of a noise-canceling boom microphone, called BLUmaxx, and noise-isolating earphone to provide what the company describes as the industry’s “highest level of noise isolation in the ear, and the highest noise-cancellation from the microphone for both speaker and listener.” The BLUmaxx boom mic can be disconnected for more discrete operation, and disconnection of the mic does not disconnect any ongoing calls. “Everyone is familiar with all-too-common cellphone users who broadcast their credit card number or the details of their love-life to everyone around them,” said Killion. “That’s because most headset microphones do not pick up sound near the mouth, so it is difficult for the caller to be heard, especially in noisy locations such as a restaurant or airport. The etyBLU with boom mic allows you to carry on a conversation next to a Harley motorcycle revving up at 100 dB SPL, and – more importantly – lets you carry on a conversation so quietly that those around you may not even notice you are talking.” The Etymotic etyBLU Dual Mode Bluetooth Headset is compatible Core Specification 2.1, Headset 1.1 and Handsfree 1.5 profiles, offers up to seven hours of talk time, up to 100 hours of standby time, and is available now for $130. [Pics via SlashGear]
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- TwelveSouth releases BookBook for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014