Exclusive Pictures: Apple’s iPod Photo | iLounge News

Exclusive Pictures: Apple’s iPod Photo

piciLounge is proud to present the world’s first independent pictures of the new 60GB iPod Photo, the premium color-screened iPod announced yesterday and released today by Apple Computer, with its packaging. Use the Photos link below to see our photo gallery.

The gallery includes pictures of the iPod Photo’s remarkable new screen, which is far crisper and brighter than we had imagined it would be, and a variety of the new color applications included with the hardware. Our first screenshot of the iPod Photo’s new Photo menu shows the menu choices available to the user, and you can also see the unit’s new cables, Photo Dock, and all of its packaging. Notably, the iPod Photo is the first to include Apple logo stickers, which used to be packed-in only with Macintosh computers.

pic

pic

« Apple iPod Photo now available at Apple Stores

Apple sees growth in music downloads »

Comments

don’t give in to the hype. the colour screen is nice, but photo viewing is not all that useful.

i just want one with FM radio, gapless and colour screen NO photo viewing please… unless of course you can connect your camera to it AND have the pictures sync’d on the spot.

I’ll wait for your next iPod apple

Posted by lame on October 29, 2004 at 8:48 PM (PDT)

im a cover art lover. i sit for hours staring at my cover art while the music is playing in itunes, enjoying it just as if i have the jewel case in my hands. i search all the sites for cover art, buy.com, walmart.com, amazon.com, even comparing them from different sites to see what has the clearest best design. I have added manually 19,400 songs with the real cover art to enjoy in itunes. NOW COMES THE IPOD PHOTO….im almost in heaven reading about this iconic surreal invention by the worlds best music player. but i went to the apple store today in san francisco and got my gritty little hands on the 60 gig in full blown rainbow color!! im initially impressed with how clear the photos display on the color screen, but i quickly jiggle my little fingers in a desperate attempt to access the cover art feature ive always dreamed about. WHAT DID I DISCOVER????? a pint size picture encompassing a itty bitty square, i feel so let down… how could this happen, the cover art does NOT fill the whole screen….i almost want to cry, what a waste of real estate, what a disappointment for this cover art lover in me, but i hesitate one second, i found a way, i found a way to make the cover art go bigger, to grow bigger, while the screen says “now playing,” i push the middle button on the click wheel and it expands the color screen almost to 87% of the size, and i feel good, oh gosh i feel great, uhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,after five seconds from expanding, it returns automatically back to the little turd that couldnt, the little stupid box art no bigger than my piss droplet. oh why WHY WHY ME?????

Posted by osx on October 29, 2004 at 11:45 PM (PDT)

Hi can an ipod PHOTO owner post a picture of the Ipod PHOTO with a picture loaded…that way we can see the quality of the color display…because on the photos displayed here I only see pictures of the games, calender and other stuff…

Posted by Jletellier on October 30, 2004 at 4:25 AM (PDT)

I’m not as interested in whether the iPid Photo will fit into APPLE’S 3G dock (it does come with its own dock anyway),as I am about whether it wil fit into my inMotion speaker set.  Yeah I know there’s no video out from the inMotion but I would like to still be able to have portable audio and charging functions.

Posted by Woody on October 30, 2004 at 7:13 AM (PDT)

I don’t look at pictures while I run, I don’t look at pictures while im on the bus…I listen to music. About the video on an iPod, i don’t know about all of you but I could’nt stand to watch a 2 hour movie on a 2 inch screen. Although it would be pretty nice for music videos, but still…where in your life have you really wanted to watch a music video with you music, I guess that’s the real question. Plus stevie said he will never make a portable video player….eh.

Posted by Jawn on October 30, 2004 at 8:23 PM (PDT)

yeah its got its perks but really what is the point of a photo album on your ipod? i thought ipods were to keep as much music as you could without carrying bulky things like Cd players etc. and with this “improvement” its just getting thicker and thicker, just think a year from now we’ll have the Ipod 6th gen Xm DVD videophone… but wait? hey were do you put the music?!?! lol

Posted by G-rat on October 31, 2004 at 3:50 PM (PDT)

Well, I am quite excited about this new Ipod Photo. It is going to make an excellent presentation tool for my photography. To display photographs along with music on the TV or through my projector.

I could honestly care less about transferring photos from my camera to Ipod. This is kinda stupid actually. It’s like putting all your eggs in one basket, anyway. If the Ipod screws up in any way, all your pictures you shot that day are gone. Besides, I’m patient enough to wait to go back to my studio with my dozen or so 1 gig CF cards. Or, if I’m desperate enough, I’ll bring a laptop that day to show my clients some pictures that I have taken by downloading the CF cards onto it.

Also, I could really care less about how small the photos are going to be on the tiny ipod screen. It seems to me that viewing the photos on the little screen is to be used more as a reference and finding the photos anyway.

I would, however, love to see a combination Ipod Photo/Video come out. Maybe someday soon! smile

Posted by Falastiato in everywhere on November 1, 2004 at 2:53 PM (PDT)

Posted by Falastiato in everywhere on November 1, 2004 at 2:53 PM (PDT)

what I’m waiting for is an Ipod photo with the ability to actualy take pictures, since i’m always with my i pod(10 GB v1.4,had since mid 2002).
any info about that coming soon,or accessory?

Posted by kikou on December 9, 2004 at 5:35 PM (PDT)

Page 4 of 4 pages « First  <  2 3 4