ezGear intros ezEars SX50 earphones | iLounge News

ezGear intros ezEars SX50 earphones

imageezGear has announced the ezEars SX50 earphones for the iPod and other audio devices. The company says the earphones are the “first comfortable in-ear earphones for the iPod under $25.”

“Love your iPod but not the pain in your ears? We can relate,” says ezGear. “That’s why we created the ezEars SX50. iPod earphones with comfort. ezEars SX50s use in-ear technology with soft rubber earpieces to provide a great fit and extra comfort. The sound drivers of the in-ear earbuds provide good clean sound for a great listening experience.”

« Mix: iPod cake, Canada levy, Podcasting, Solio

Report: iTunes phone to be unveiled at UK music festival »

Comments

How about great sound for an excellent listening experience? Would love to hear how these things rate in terms of sound quality.

Posted by Derek on July 28, 2005 at 7:51 AM (PDT)

Yeah, sound quality and listening experience are a higer priority then white earbuds (especially with the muggings and murders). Becuase for a few bux more I’d go with the Sony’s or the Apple In-Ear solution. Unless someone comes out and says the ezGear’s have deeper bass, and clearer highs than the sonys or apples, I’ll pass.

Posted by the4starish on July 28, 2005 at 12:57 PM (PDT)

I KNEW I put the J at the end of my name for a reason.
Et tu Doppelganger!

Posted by DerekJ on July 28, 2005 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

Um….
Did somebody say EX51?
OK, OK, it’s maybe $5 over $25. But still… These things look so similar that I would even go as far as to say that this could violate patents.
But if they surpass the cheap Sonys (doubtful IMHO) then I’ll be more than happy.

Posted by ZPWeeks on July 28, 2005 at 2:58 PM (PDT)

I really hope these are actually comfurtable, right now im stuck with a 20 dollar pair of in ears from phillips (which dont sound terrible) that arent comfutrable at all. Even if they only mathced apples in sound quality i would be happy to buy em

Posted by ogvor on July 28, 2005 at 5:18 PM (PDT)

I had a black pair of the Sony in-ear headphones and originally paid $35 for them.  When I got my iPod, I figured I would get the white ones - and sony charges $49 for them.  Why?  Because they are white and they figure iPod owners are stupid enough to pay the $15 markup to have white headphones.  Needless to say, I bought them on eBay instead for $25.  On a technical note, I think they are great and sound 10 times better than the crappy iPod headphones.  So as long as these eZGear headphones sound as good as sony’s - I’d buy ‘em.

Posted by TechnoGeek on July 29, 2005 at 12:56 PM (PDT)

We would like to thank everyone for their comments.  ezGear has worked very hard to develop a good sounding comfortable earphone.  The specs for this earphone were created by iPod users who gave us their feedback.  We have had users try ezEars and Sony EX51s and all of them either liked the sound quality better or the same.

All thought the ezEars were very comfortable.

Thanks again for your comments.

Posted by ezGear for iPod on July 29, 2005 at 8:15 PM (PDT)

They look like my sister’s $5 Koss earphones, only white and with a rubber extension. Those things were murder on the ears.

Posted by Vincent on July 30, 2005 at 7:33 PM (PDT)

I nearly just bought these but decided not to for two reasons:
#1 when you add the earphones that are listed ata $23.98 to your cart you are actually charged $24.98. It is only one dollar, but it is the principle. #2 shipping is $11.98. If I wanted to be robbed I’d go to ebay and buy them. A pair of earphones that weigh less than 100 grams should not be $12 to ship priority!
Too bad for them, I wanted to review them for iOnMac.com

Posted by Jessica on July 31, 2005 at 5:22 PM (PDT)

Posted by azn1stknightsoul on August 1, 2005 at 6:17 AM (PDT)

“They kinda look cheap and with shoddy workmanship… Anybody know how they sound yet?”

You can tell all that from a pic that looks exactly like a pic of a pair of MDR-51’s? You have a good eye.

Posted by Andres on August 2, 2005 at 5:52 PM (PDT)

Please note that the ezEars SX50s are not MDR-51s.  They are their own unique design.  The product was designed with the help of hundreds of iPod users to make sure they are comfortable and sound good.

I apologize for any problems on the website.  It has been corrected.

Thank you for all your comments.

Charlie Bernstein
ezGear for iPod
Never Let the Music Stop!

Posted by Charlie Bernstein CEO ezGear on September 16, 2005 at 9:35 AM (PDT)