ezGear offers ezGold video cable for iPods | iLounge News

ezGear offers ezGold video cable for iPods

imageezGear has announced the availability of the ezGold video cable for fifth-generation iPods. The $20 cable allows users to view videos and photos on a TV. It’s made of shielded wires with protective sheathing and uses gold-plated connectors.

“The ezGold is the easiest way to share your iPods videos and photos with friends and family, allowing your video iPod to perform like a VCR, DVD player, or DVR. Simply plug one end of the ezGold video cable into your earphone jack of your iPod and the other to the back of your television and your done.”

« iStyles intros Silicon Screens, Overlays for iPods

Mix: Apple VP, Beverly Center, Hi-Fi window, AOL shows »

Comments

Not a bad deal for less than 20.00 US - but close to another 20.00 US for shipping? C’mon!

HMK

Posted by LC Angell on March 7, 2006 at 9:32 AM (CST)

Why is this only for 5G?

I have an iPod photo and can display photos on TV.. will this work with 4G iPod photos?!

Posted by LC Angell on March 7, 2006 at 9:47 AM (CST)

i’m wondering if it has something to do with a different headphone jack in the 5Gs. I might look into getting this.

Posted by LC Angell on March 7, 2006 at 11:15 AM (CST)

Well, if the spelling and punctuation in the press release are anythign to go by, I’ll take a miss on this one.

Dunno about the gold plated thing.  Sure, “audiophiles” say gold plated connectors are the best, but is it really true?

Posted by LC Angell on March 7, 2006 at 11:44 AM (CST)

You can get a cable from Radio Shack that is gold plated for about 7 bucks, reverse two connectors and save yourself the cost plus outrageous shipping.

Posted by LC Angell on March 7, 2006 at 11:48 AM (CST)

Apple also makes a cable for iPod output to TV

Posted by LC Angell on March 7, 2006 at 12:39 PM (CST)

I guess I didn’t pay attention when Apple released their AV cable. But, if I had known better, I would have said something different above. Now that I’ve done a little research on the apple store site, I realize that my digital camera cable will work better than wasting $40.
from the reviews page of apple’s AV cable: “You do not need to buy this cable to view on your tv. If you have a generic mini plug to red/white/yellow rca cable (from dv camera or digital camera) just plug the red rca into the video input, the white and yellow rcas go to the audio inputs. Normally the yellow goes to the video input, but for some reason (maybe they just want another 20 dollars out of you) apple must have changed this. I have tried this with multiple cables. Save your money and use a generic cable.”

Posted by LC Angell on March 7, 2006 at 1:53 PM (CST)