Facebook app adds tagging, privacy features
Facebook has released an update to its iOS application adding the ability to tag friends and places in status updates and improving privacy controls for individual posts. Facebook 3.5 provides a redesigned status update screen that provides buttons for tagging friends and locations as well as adding media and setting additional privacy controls for the current post. The new version also sports a redesigned view for Profile and Group walls that displays additional information and presents the stream in a more readable format. Additional improvements in the latest update include the ability to share external links from a web view, better selection of filters in the News Feed and a number of bug fixes and stability and performance improvements.
The latest version also continues to support Facebook Places despite reports that Facebook was killing off the Places feature in favour of location tagging in status updates—a feature which has been introduced in version 3.5 alongside the traditional Places feature. Further, although indications of native iPad support were discovered in the last release, the current version remains a non-universal iPhone and iPod touch application and there are . Facebook is available from the App Store as a free download.
- An Octave Higher, Broken Age, Week Weather, Apple Store, Amazon Instant Video + more
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Does not Commute, Pursuit of Light, Tiltagon, Lightroom, Keynote + PowerPoint
- OpenTV sues Apple for alleged patent infringement
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?