Familiar games, developers appear in iPhone App Store
The first collection of iPhone Games appeared in the App Store today, and for now, both the games and major developers will be extremely familiar to past iTunes Store customers. In addition to Apple, which has re-released its Texas Hold’em game for the third time at $5, the following titles have reappeared in updated form:
Gameloft has re-released Bubble Bash ($8), upping the resolution of the ball-shooting game for iPods and increasing the price from its original $5.
Hudson Soft has released Bomberman Touch ($8), a version of the previously released iPod Bomberman redesigned with new content for the iPhone touchscreen interface.
Namco has released Ms. Pac-Man ($10), doubling the prior iPod Game price of its classic arcade dots-and-ghosts maze game while adding a touchscreen joypad.
PopCap Games has released Bejeweled 2 ($10), updating the graphics and adding touchscreen controls while doubling the price of the original Bejeweled iPod game. Widescreen and tall orientations are now supported. Notably, a web version of Bejeweled was released for PopCap for free.
New games from previously known Apple developers such as Sega (Super Monkey Ball for $10, and Columns Deluxe for $5), Freeverse (Moto Racer, $10), Pangea Software (Cro-Mag Rally and Enigmo, $10 each), and Ambrosia (Aki Mahjong, $10) are joined by numerous releases from little-known developers and a few surprise entrants. RealNetworks is surprisingly offering South Park Imaginationland ($10), a platform game based on the popular TV show, while a company called Jirbo has flooded the store with simple and free Flash-like applications. A company called Freeze Tag has released a color version of Etch A Sketch ($5), based on the classic toy, and XBOX Live developer ZEN Studios has released ZEN Pinball: Rollercoaster ($5), an attractive pinball game. Scores of free titles, mostly simple or demo-quality releases, are also in the Store.
All of these games are available now through the iTunes Store’s Applications section, and shortly through the iPhone’s App Store interface.
- The LEGO Movie Video Game, Rocket Cars, SpongeBob: Sponge on the Run, 1Password 5.2 + more
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Be My Eyes, GoodReader 4.8, MacID, Multifly + more
- Monument Valley infographic reveals revenue, other stats from hit game
- AllCast, Google Classroom, Google Maps 4.2, Peg + Cat: The Tree Problem + more
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015