Fanny Wang experiencing major issues with custom headphone orders | iLounge News

Fanny Wang experiencing major issues with custom headphone orders

Fanny Wang Headphone Co. is wrestling with major fulfillment issues with its custom headphones, iLounge has learned. After ordering a pair of custom Fanny Wang 3001 headphones late last year with a quoted shipment time of 2-3 weeks, we received e-mails indicating first a brief delay, then an additional month of delay. Fanny Wang blamed its manufacturing partner in an e-mail, citing “numerous unforeseen problems and delays with our factory.”

Unfortunately, those problems do not seem to have been resolved. The custom headphones arrived this past week, beset by several obvious quality control issues: first, Fanny Wang shipped the wrong headphones, specifically the company’s cheaper 2001 model. Additionally, the headphones arrived in a case with AOL branding on one side, and with an authenticity card that lacked a proper serial number for our headphones. We’ve reached out to Fanny Wang for comment and will update this story if/when we hear back.

Update: iLounge has received a response from Tim Hickman, Fanny Wang’s CEO. Hickman suggested that while the issue with the headphone case was a mix-up involving a large order for AOL, the delays were due to demand that Hickman claims “has exceeded our expectations and has overwhelmed our factory”. He assured us that this is the first case of someone getting the wrong model number, and said that the company was planning to expand its efforts to offer further customization options in the future.

« Best Buy drops iPad 2 price by $50 as replacement looms

Apple airs new iPhone 4S ad ‘iCloud Harmony’ »

Comments

I have been waiting for my custom Fanny Wangs for 8 weeks now, still no news. I’ve emailed them and they’ve said somethiing about the Chinese new year and how it has created a back log of orders. The annoying thing is, my custom wangs look almost the same as the pre-existing coloured versions (I made my headphones all black) on the Bly thing that’s different is the colour of it he wire.

Posted by Charlie on April 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM (PDT)

I ordered my custom 3001 on February 27 2012 and I still haven’t received mine. I was told that their factory closed for the Chinese New Year as well. That should have been Jan. 23 so 6 weeks after they should have reopened their factory. I have waited well over 2 month’s now I was offered a free case for an ipod or ipad. Personally for spending $349.99 for a product I don’t really find this acceptable. I am considering just canceling my order and buy an alternative headphones. So if you’re in the market for headphones don’t buy them directly or just buy another brand. Unless you’re not in a rush. I wanted them to travel with but seems like I’m sure. SOL

Posted by Ruben on May 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM (PDT)

4 months and I still haven’t received mine! They have sent me Lots of emails telling me lies. Stay away from this company. I shall take my custom to other headphone manufacturers. My friend has also the same problem!

Posted by Rafael on June 15, 2012 at 5:18 AM (PDT)

It seems I’m not the only one. I also have been scammed by them.

I ordered my pair in January and I still haven’t got them. I don’t think fanny Wang have any plans to ship anything off to me any time soon, seeing as I’m doing all the chasing. I haven’t received one email from them aside from replays to my emails.

Avoid this company at all costs.

Posted by Adam on June 27, 2012 at 7:48 AM (PDT)

**Update now I don’t get any responses. I have called and e-mailed. Guess my last resort is to just cancel my order. I am going to dispute this with my credit card company. I really did want my customs too. Has anyone received their customs?

Posted by Ruben on July 5, 2012 at 3:17 PM (PDT)

They stopped emailing me too. There are 3 possibilities for why this is.

1) they are ignoring anybody with a problem completely in the hope that they will go away (not doing their reputation any good)

2) Something technical has gone wrong with their email servers

3) they are going bust

Either way it’s not helping me get my headphones while it has been nearly 5 months now. I have filed a compliant with the Better business bereau. I wish I had paid by credit card.

Ruben can we contact each other about this? My emails .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by Charlie88 on July 10, 2012 at 2:47 AM (PDT)

Fanny Wang just posted that they have shipped their custom 3001. Post up if you guys got your’s.

Posted by Ruben on July 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM (PDT)

I ordered my custom 1001s on March 3rd and I still haven’t received them. They also haven’t responded to my emails since June 11th even though I have demanded a refund several times.

Posted by Adam on August 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM (PDT)

I do have the same problem.

Ordered my headphones 4 months ago.
I sent ~12 emails. They replied only to the first one.

Posted by Paul on August 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM (PDT)