Felt Cafe releases handmade iPod pouches | iLounge News

Felt Cafe releases handmade iPod pouches

picCrafter Liz Maly is offering handmade felt pouches in three styles for $20 each. Custom colors are available upon request “Everything here is handfelted, in a process that starts with wool (before it’s spun into yarn)  and involves hot water, soap, agitation, and my kitchen sink. Felt is dense, soft, insulating, and water resistant (the same way that sheep don’t get wet in the rain).”

« TunesTracker email service alerts you to iTunes music

Sonance announces iPort in-wall docking station »

Comments

Speechless.

Posted by chicubipod in chicago on September 13, 2004 at 8:12 AM (PDT)

F U G L Y… Better said: in order to be fugly, it needs to IMPROVE!

Posted by elwilly on September 13, 2004 at 8:25 AM (PDT)

AHAHA. those things rock.

Posted by Mygod on September 13, 2004 at 8:37 AM (PDT)

I don’t seem to be able to understand this product. The reason why wool is great is because it is not a heat conductor. But in this case, the iPod needs to conduct heat thus that’s why I think it has a metal back. This above product is not going to help in this area and frankly, I think it’s isn’t useful for iPod. I’m not degrading the product, just give my views on how it won’t work.

Posted by Deep3lue on September 13, 2004 at 8:48 AM (PDT)

Neat - an ISock.

Posted by Ape on September 13, 2004 at 9:44 AM (PDT)

- “F U G L Y… Better said: in order to be fugly, it needs to IMPROVE!”

indeed…

Posted by griever2004 on September 13, 2004 at 9:45 AM (PDT)

baaaaa-d…

Posted by not me on September 13, 2004 at 11:44 AM (PDT)

...or wrap your beloved iPod in an old flannel.

Posted by shelton on September 13, 2004 at 12:27 PM (PDT)

sorry… is this a joke??

Posted by george on September 13, 2004 at 1:19 PM (PDT)

Something like this.  This is probably cheaper!

Posted by unknown-soldier on September 13, 2004 at 1:27 PM (PDT)

i like it.

Posted by b on September 13, 2004 at 1:57 PM (PDT)

I like it. The less tech-y a piece of computer/electronics equipment looks the better in my books.

I also am a big fan of the foofpods/foofbags that were announced here weeks ago for this very reason.

Posted by bagel on September 13, 2004 at 3:00 PM (PDT)

And being handmade is always nice…

Posted by KMFurDM on September 13, 2004 at 3:47 PM (PDT)

i like the idea but not the design. it doesnt fit the ipod perfectly.

Posted by lol on September 13, 2004 at 4:35 PM (PDT)

I think it’s perfect for whenever my iPod gets sick…now you can wrap it up in a nice warm felt blanket….*sigh*

Psh…I’ll stick to my Vaja

Posted by tantousha on September 13, 2004 at 4:36 PM (PDT)

“Something like this. This is probably cheaper!

im sorry for the ebay seller, there are probably alot of buyers who would laugh at him.

Posted by lol on September 13, 2004 at 4:36 PM (PDT)

laughable = yes!

But it is very original and hand made… You gotta hand it to em’

Posted by steve on September 13, 2004 at 4:58 PM (PDT)

insulating? that’s bad!

Posted by AlphaUltima in San Jose on September 13, 2004 at 5:49 PM (PDT)

Well, if someone sees you carrying one of those, they probably won’t think about mugging you! LOL

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on September 13, 2004 at 8:09 PM (PDT)

this is NOT a joke?????

Posted by kiwi-me on September 14, 2004 at 4:32 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >