FIB2.0: Sonic Impact K1, 2 Monitor i-decks, Atlantic E GO debut
As just several of the brand-new iPod accessories debuted in The Free iPod Book 2.0, speaker makers Sonic Impact, Monitor Audio, and Atlantic have released first photos and details on the next generation of iPod audio systems.
Sonic Impact’s K1 (tentative name, $300) is the first combination video screen and speaker dock for the iPod, designed to add a large 7” monitor for viewing while you travel.
Monitor Audio’s i-deckcompact ($200) and i-deckplus ($300) take the company’s successful i-deck (iLounge rating: A-) formula to the next level. i-deckcompact is an all-in-one, less expensive version of i-deck, while i-deckplus is a three-piece, enhanced i-deck with integrated radio and on-screen RDS display.
Atlantic’s E GO ($200) is the iPod’s first totally water-submersible speaker system. Carried with a shoulder strap or mounted on its included stand, you can take it to the pool or beach and even fully dunk it in the water without fear of speaker or iPod damage.
For bigger photos and additional details, download The Free iPod Book 2.0, and turn to pages 8 and 9.
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Microsoft unveils iOS-compatible Universal Mobile Keyboard
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014