FIB2.0: TuneDeck, O ROKR, AirDock, iDuo Hub debut
Three new iPod docks and one pair of unique audio sunglasses made their debut in iLounge’s Free iPod Book 2.0. New products (left to right) are from Belkin, Oakley/Motorola/TEN Technology, Griffin Technology, and Atech.
Belkin’s TuneDeck for iPod nano ($50) combines a metal-reinforced dock with a cassette tape adapter, allowing you to mount your nano in front of your car’s cassette player without wires. The TuneDeck for iPod nano is due in July.
The O ROKR ($250) is a joint Bluetooth product from Oakley and Motorola that combines Thump-style stereo earphones with a pair of modern sunglasses. It can be used wirelessly with an iPod with TEN Technology’s naviPlay ($100), which is being sold through Oakley at that special discounted price specifically for iPod-to-O ROKR pairing. The sunglasses sport an integrated microphone (for cell phone use), volume buttons, and iPod track and playback controls.
Griffin’s AirDock ($70) is the new entry-level member of the company’s TuneCenter line. The AirDock’s remote and iPod dock use RF wireless technology, allowing users to control audio and video functions from up to 60 feet away and through walls. The product will also charge an iPod while docked.
The iDuo Hub + Remote ($60) is Atech’s new version of its iDuo, which combined a memory card reader and iPod dock. The iDuo Hub + Remote features three USB 2.0 ports, a 7-button infrared remote control, and S-video output. It’s also expected in July.
For bigger photos and additional details, download The Free iPod Book 2.0, and turn to pages 18-20.
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- Kicker intros Amphitheater K3 Speaker, Vapor headphones
- Apple and Danish company collaborate on hearing aid
- Acoustic Research debuts AR for Her speakers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- U.S. carriers to make unlocking phones easier
- New iPad models poll ends, Screen Protector poll begins
- Apple says factory conditions unrelated to worker’s death
- Apps: Angry Birds Go, GTA: San Andreas, The Room 2 + Sonic 2 3.0
- Samsung denied Apple ban in S. Korea
- Apple TV adds ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle, KORTV
- AT&T CEO: Bye, device subsidies, hello financing
- Apple hires radio exec for iTunes Radio
- Apps: 12 Days of Gifts, The Animal Alphabet Singers, Drawing Together + FIFA
- China Labor Watch seeks investigation of Pegatron deaths
- Spigen SGP Tough Armor for iPad mini
- Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS SonicFuel In-Ear Headphones
- Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store