FIB2.0: v-moda NV Audio, Targus SoundUp, Locks, many cases debut
A number of exciting new headphone accessories and cases have debuted in The Free iPod Book 2.0, from v-moda, Targus, Power Support, Sumo Cases, Griffin, and Pods Plus.
v-moda’s NV Audio (pronounced Envy, $310) is the first gold-bodied, premium headphone designed for the iPod, with real gold used on both of the earbuds, the Y-spitter, and the headphone port plug. A special edition, matching golden iPod nano called NV Nano is also planned.
Targus’ SoundUp ($30) is an audio enhancer for all iPod models, designed to unlock detail hidden in digitally compressed music files. The company’s Mobile ($40) and Eyelet ($20) Security Locks are additions to its previously announced series of Desktop Security Locks ($30), all attaching a combination lock to your iPod’s Dock Connector and offering varying degress of security - Desktop attaches to a table, Mobile to your bag, and Eyelet to either of the other locks. Targus also unveiled the Mobile Essentials Kit ($60), a nylon travel case bundled with a ton of travel accessories, including a battery charger, auto charger, wall charger, and more.
Power Support has debuted three new products - the incredible Mirror Cases ($30-40), which turn your iPod into a see-through mirror; the lightweight Water-Resistant Case for iPod nano ($36), and the surprisingly cool Liquid Titanium Screen Protector, the first iPod protector we’ve seen that uses a clear protective liquid rather than film to scratch-proof your iPod’s screen and face.
Sumo Cases has announced the Major League Baseball Cases for iPod 5G ($40), a striped and baseball-stitched version of its Vertical PlayThru cases for iPod. Griffin showed off Trio nano, a three-piece leather case design offering six colors and your preferred degree of nano coverage. And Pods Plus showed off Aluminum V2, a metal case with a protective silicone cover for your iPod’s Click Wheel, providing especially comprehensive iPod protection.
For bigger photos and additional details, download The Free iPod Book 2.0, and turn to pages 10-21.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iTunes Radio could be standalone app in iOS 8
- Apple drops iPhone return policy to 14 days
- Apps: Duolingo 3.3, Marvel Unlimited 2.0, Smash Hit + Wave Wave
- Apple running large iPhone 5c ad on NY Times site
- Report: iOS 8 Maps to gain public transit directions
- Apple updates Remote app with improved Apple TV integration
- iOS 7.1 reveals two new iPad models?
- Apple TV 6.1 update released, allows users to hide channels
- Apple releases iOS 7.1
- Apple iPhone trade-in program arrives in Canada
- Grovemade Bamboo iPad Case for iPad mini
- Soundfreaq Sound Rise SFQ-08 Wireless Speaker with Alarm Clock
- Chil PowerShare Reactor 5.1 Amp Multidevice Charger
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number