FIB2.0: v-moda NV Audio, Targus SoundUp, Locks, many cases debut
A number of exciting new headphone accessories and cases have debuted in The Free iPod Book 2.0, from v-moda, Targus, Power Support, Sumo Cases, Griffin, and Pods Plus.
v-moda’s NV Audio (pronounced Envy, $310) is the first gold-bodied, premium headphone designed for the iPod, with real gold used on both of the earbuds, the Y-spitter, and the headphone port plug. A special edition, matching golden iPod nano called NV Nano is also planned.
Targus’ SoundUp ($30) is an audio enhancer for all iPod models, designed to unlock detail hidden in digitally compressed music files. The company’s Mobile ($40) and Eyelet ($20) Security Locks are additions to its previously announced series of Desktop Security Locks ($30), all attaching a combination lock to your iPod’s Dock Connector and offering varying degress of security - Desktop attaches to a table, Mobile to your bag, and Eyelet to either of the other locks. Targus also unveiled the Mobile Essentials Kit ($60), a nylon travel case bundled with a ton of travel accessories, including a battery charger, auto charger, wall charger, and more.
Power Support has debuted three new products - the incredible Mirror Cases ($30-40), which turn your iPod into a see-through mirror; the lightweight Water-Resistant Case for iPod nano ($36), and the surprisingly cool Liquid Titanium Screen Protector, the first iPod protector we’ve seen that uses a clear protective liquid rather than film to scratch-proof your iPod’s screen and face.
Sumo Cases has announced the Major League Baseball Cases for iPod 5G ($40), a striped and baseball-stitched version of its Vertical PlayThru cases for iPod. Griffin showed off Trio nano, a three-piece leather case design offering six colors and your preferred degree of nano coverage. And Pods Plus showed off Aluminum V2, a metal case with a protective silicone cover for your iPod’s Click Wheel, providing especially comprehensive iPod protection.
For bigger photos and additional details, download The Free iPod Book 2.0, and turn to pages 10-21.
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today