FIB2.0: v-moda NV Audio, Targus SoundUp, Locks, many cases debut
A number of exciting new headphone accessories and cases have debuted in The Free iPod Book 2.0, from v-moda, Targus, Power Support, Sumo Cases, Griffin, and Pods Plus.
v-moda’s NV Audio (pronounced Envy, $310) is the first gold-bodied, premium headphone designed for the iPod, with real gold used on both of the earbuds, the Y-spitter, and the headphone port plug. A special edition, matching golden iPod nano called NV Nano is also planned.
Targus’ SoundUp ($30) is an audio enhancer for all iPod models, designed to unlock detail hidden in digitally compressed music files. The company’s Mobile ($40) and Eyelet ($20) Security Locks are additions to its previously announced series of Desktop Security Locks ($30), all attaching a combination lock to your iPod’s Dock Connector and offering varying degress of security - Desktop attaches to a table, Mobile to your bag, and Eyelet to either of the other locks. Targus also unveiled the Mobile Essentials Kit ($60), a nylon travel case bundled with a ton of travel accessories, including a battery charger, auto charger, wall charger, and more.
Power Support has debuted three new products - the incredible Mirror Cases ($30-40), which turn your iPod into a see-through mirror; the lightweight Water-Resistant Case for iPod nano ($36), and the surprisingly cool Liquid Titanium Screen Protector, the first iPod protector we’ve seen that uses a clear protective liquid rather than film to scratch-proof your iPod’s screen and face.
Sumo Cases has announced the Major League Baseball Cases for iPod 5G ($40), a striped and baseball-stitched version of its Vertical PlayThru cases for iPod. Griffin showed off Trio nano, a three-piece leather case design offering six colors and your preferred degree of nano coverage. And Pods Plus showed off Aluminum V2, a metal case with a protective silicone cover for your iPod’s Click Wheel, providing especially comprehensive iPod protection.
For bigger photos and additional details, download The Free iPod Book 2.0, and turn to pages 10-21.
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Apple to begin taking broken iPhones for trade-in, offer in-store screen protector installation
- Apple ordered to pay $625M to VirnetX in patent case
- Apple Pay reaches 2 million retail locations
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!