Fingerprint scanner poll ends, iPhone upgrade poll begins
With over 1,400 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll – “If Apple includes a fingerprint scanner in the next iPhone, will you use it?” – has now ended. With rumours of a built-in fingerprint sensor in the next-generation iPhone, we asked readers to let us know if they considered this a feature that they would actually find useful in a new device. Readers were asked whether they would use a fingerprint scanner for device unlocking, secure transactions, or both, or whether they had no interest in a fingerprint scanning feature regardless of whether they otherwise planned to buy the new iPhone or not.
The overall majority of responses—fifty-two percent—indicated that they would be willing to use the fingerprint scanner for both device unlocking and secure transactions. Seventeen percent indicated that they would use a fingerprint scanner only for device unlocking, while three percent felt it was only appropriate for secure transactions. Seventeen percent of respondents told us that they didn’t plan on buying the next-generation iPhone regardless of the fingerprint scanner, while twelve percent indicated that they planned to buy the next-generation iPhone, but had no interest in fingerprint scanning capability.
Following the announcement of not one, but two new iPhone models this week, we’d like to know whether you’re planning on upgrading your current mobile phone to either of the two new models, and which one. Are you an iPhone 5 user who is jumping on the 5s right away, or are you using an older model such that the iPhone 5c or iPhone 5s are your next big upgrade from two or three years ago? Have the new models perhaps convinced you to purchase your first iPhone, are you unimpressed with the new models and looking elsewhere, or are you simply happy with your current iPhone model and not looking to upgrade at all. Our latest poll “Do you plan to purchase one of the new iPhone models this year?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iWatch poll ends, first accessory poll begins
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple, others settle poaching antitrust suit
- Some iOS 6 users must upgrade to iOS 7 to fix FaceTime
- Apps: Bonsai Slice, Bounsy, IMDb 4.2 + The Weather Channel 6.0
- Cook: New products ‘closer,’ mobile payments ‘really interesting’
- Prong debuts Prong PWR Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Logitech Turnaround for iPad Air
- Logitech Hinge for iPad Air
- Ele eleMount
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac