Fingerprint sensor, NFC in iPhone 5S?
A firm will supply Apple with fingerprint and near-field communication (NFC) components to be included in the iPhone 5S, according to a report. Chipbond Science and Technology will supply the chips for both features, as well as the phone’s integrated touch display driver. Fingerprint sensor possibilities have been claimed a number of times for Apple’s next iPhone — speculation increased prior to the release of the iPhone 5, with the company’s acquisition of AuthenTec, and continued after the iPhone 5’s release with Apple’s reported deal with Microlatch for use of fingerprint recognition technology, strongly suggesting that enhanced biometric security is a priority for Apple. However, numerous claims of imminent Apple NFC adoption have proved inaccurate in the past; it is possible that Apple is waiting to combine both features together for a proper digital wallet solution before adopting either one of them. [via China Times (translated link)]
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?