First iPhone Web Apps Appear
Less than two full days after Steve Jobs announced that the iPhone would work with third-party Web 2.0 applications, the first iPhone web apps have appeared. One, created by David Cann, is an iPhone interface for popular social content site Digg. The interface appears within a mockup image of the iPhone, and lets users “flick” to scroll up and down. Another app, OneTrip Shopping, is a grocery list program built by Neven Mrgan that allows users to sort through various types of food and sundry items, and add them to an editable list. As we reported yesterday, developer reaction to the announcement of Web-based third party apps for iPhone has been mixed.
- Apps of the Week: Inbox by Gmail, Pixelmator, NHL 2K + more
- Apple updates Pages, Numbers, Keynote for iCloud Drive
- Apps of the Week: Autodesk SketchBook, TeleStory, Reckless Racing 3 + more
- Adobe introduces suite of Creative Cloud mobile apps
- Apps of the Week: Post-it Plus, WW2: Sandbox, Fruit Ninja 2.0 + more
- Apps of the Week: OmniFocus 2 for iPad, Transmit, Asphalt Overdrive + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Some U.S. retailers disabling Apple Pay in favor of other services?
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0