First iPod poll ends, iTunes TV subscription poll begins
With over 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Do you still have your first iPod?” has ended. Readers could choose from two positive responses or five negative, with a separate option for those who have never owned an iPod.
With exactly 50% of the vote, the majority of readers said they still have their first iPod, and it still works. Another 12% said they still have it, but it is no longer operational, while 11% said they sold their first model to upgrade to a newer iPod. 9% said they gave it to a friend or family member, 7% said they got rid of their first after it stopped working, and an unfortunate 4% said their first iPod ended up lost or stolen. Only 1% said they sold their first iPod to upgrade to an iPhone, while 5% said they have never owned an iPod. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the Apple TV and the rumored $30 iTunes TV subscription plan. We’d like to know if a $30 iTunes subscription option would be enough to make you buy an Apple TV? Would you buy it if the service included all, or at least some of the shows you enjoy watching, or only if Apple increased the storage or lowered the price of the Apple TV? Or would it not be enough to convince you to purchase, or do you already own an Apple TV? Our new poll, “Would a $30 monthly iTunes TV subscription service be enough to make you buy an Apple TV?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- iLounge announces its Best of the Year Awards for 2014
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
- Russian Apple Online Store returns with increased prices
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- BuQu Tech PowerArmour Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Grovemade Maple iPhone Case for iPhone 6
- Tylt Energi Sliding Power Case for iPhone 6
- Just Mobile TopGum
- Kenu Highline for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0