First iPod poll ends, iTunes TV subscription poll begins
With over 3,100 votes from iLounge readers, our most recent poll—“Do you still have your first iPod?” has ended. Readers could choose from two positive responses or five negative, with a separate option for those who have never owned an iPod.
With exactly 50% of the vote, the majority of readers said they still have their first iPod, and it still works. Another 12% said they still have it, but it is no longer operational, while 11% said they sold their first model to upgrade to a newer iPod. 9% said they gave it to a friend or family member, 7% said they got rid of their first after it stopped working, and an unfortunate 4% said their first iPod ended up lost or stolen. Only 1% said they sold their first iPod to upgrade to an iPhone, while 5% said they have never owned an iPod. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the Apple TV and the rumored $30 iTunes TV subscription plan. We’d like to know if a $30 iTunes subscription option would be enough to make you buy an Apple TV? Would you buy it if the service included all, or at least some of the shows you enjoy watching, or only if Apple increased the storage or lowered the price of the Apple TV? Or would it not be enough to convince you to purchase, or do you already own an Apple TV? Our new poll, “Would a $30 monthly iTunes TV subscription service be enough to make you buy an Apple TV?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Seasons Greetings! Our top picks in 2015, and more for your last-minute shopping
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Columbus Day + Canadian Thanksgiving!
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Screen protector installation now available at Apple Stores
- Russia mulling tax increase on App Store purchases, other Apple services
- Lawyers threaten to sue Apple over ‘Error 53’ codes disabling iPhones
- Apple releases iOS 9.3 beta 3, tvOS 9.2 beta 3, watchOS 2.2 beta 3 to developers
- Indie game ‘The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth’ rejected by Apple over violence toward children
- Apple likely to receive approval to open retail stores in India
- Study finds Apple Watch is best fitness tracker for privacy, security
- Conflicting reports over pink color to be featured in iPhone 5se
- Report: Some third-party repairs ‘bricking’ iPhones with iOS 9
- Report: Apple to bid on NFL Thursday Night Football streaming rights
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case for iPad Pro
- Edifier MP700 Rave Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Just Mobile HoverDock for Apple Watch + HoverDock for iPhone
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!