First Look: iPod nano’s new colors, compared | iLounge News

First Look: iPod nano’s new colors, compared

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, September 9, 2008
News Categories: iPod nano

Following Apple’s Let’s Rock event today, iLounge had the opportunity to compare the colors of the new fourth-generation iPod nano lineup with those of past iPod releases. Below is a gallery of those comparison shots; for more photos from the event be sure to visit our Flickr page.

« Griffin updates accessories for iPhone 3G

HD TV shows now on the iTunes Store, NBC returns [updated x2] »

Comments

The convex form is kind of nice looking, and it’s great that Apple has adopted a glass cover over the LCD finally (even if MSFT beat them with one on the 2G Zunes nearly a year ago).

If and when my 2G nano ever breaks down…perhaps I’ll consider a 16GB unit. But so far my 32GB Zen X-Fi has been working pretty good (no, not perfect) as a media device and sounds great doing so.

As for the latest Touch versions…the screen size of the form factor is indeed nice but call me old school…ultimately it’s got still way too many features for what I want a PMP to do…and too big to boot.

Posted by flatline response on September 9, 2008 at 2:00 PM (PDT)

Has anyone downloaded/install iTunes8? Every time a selection is made iTunes now makes an annoying sound informing you you’ve clicked a button. HOW DO YOU TURN IT OFF????

Posted by Annoyed on September 9, 2008 at 2:18 PM (PDT)

My colour choices, in descending order, are red, orange, black. I don’t really like the 2nd-Gen red—the 3rd-Gen was deeper and richer. Still, I’m reserving final judgement until I can see them in the flesh. I think orange is really cool. It was a Shuffle-exclusive colour until now and for me, still retains a sense of exclusivity. Black is always good, and this charcoal black is especially nice, but it has been done before.

Posted by Japester on September 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM (PDT)

Nary a pic of the 1st generation Nano!

Posted by joseph singer on September 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM (PDT)

Um, the last pic shows the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen Nanos in order.

Posted by Rick on September 10, 2008 at 7:12 AM (PDT)

@Annoyed:  Um, that’s not a feature of iTunes.  Perhaps you have enabled interface feedback in your OS?

Posted by SomeOne on September 11, 2008 at 7:56 AM (PDT)

@Japester: Completely agree - I love the orange shuffle, and am very curious to see a comparison of it, to the new orange nano.

Posted by SomeOne on September 11, 2008 at 7:58 AM (PDT)