First photos show 2012 iPod shuffle colors, textures
The refreshed iPod shuffles have returned to the classic sandblasted anodized aluminum look of earlier iPod shuffles and nanos, doing away with the polished, glossy aluminum seen in earlier versions. Apple has also restored the high-contrast white Apple logos on the rear of the shuffles, which were previously rendered with a lighter version of each model’s base color, and changed the colors to a new set of tones. Pink, for instance, has become rose-colored, and blue has the classic aqua tones originally seen in earlier iPod mini models. Additional colors, such as purple, yellow, and black, have been added to the lineup as well.
While minor, these changes cosmetically align the refreshed shuffles with the colors and textures of the yet-to-be-released seventh-generation iPod nano. Apple continues to include its prior-generation Apple Earphones with the shuffles, which continue to come in tiny hard plastic boxes. The colors of the shuffles are obvious from both the fronts of the boxes, and in colored Apple logos and iPod shuffle text found on their tops and sides.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple patents fourth-generation iPod shuffle
- Updated photo gallery: every new 2012 iPod shuffle
- New iPod shuffle to debut at WWDC?
- Apple patent points to iPod nano/shuffle speaker
- Despite rumors, iPod shuffle + classic still available
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks