First stand-alone iPod store now open | iLounge News

First stand-alone iPod store now open

picA stand-alone iPod store has opened up in San Luis Obispo, California. Shane Williams, owner of the iPod Shop, said it’s the first such store in the country. “We were originally selling the iPods out of our Mac store [the Mac Superstore in San Luis Obispo], and when they became all the rage, we found that we didn’t have enough room for them and all of their accessories,” Williams said. The iPod Shop, which averages about $4,000 per day in revenue, offers 14 iPod models, more than 100 accessories, and “a comfortable chair in the middle of the room to listening stations along the walls.”

pic

pic

pic

pic

« Motorola iTunes phone to be announced this week?

Apple faces patent lawsuits over iTunes, iPod »

Comments

Great! However, it isn’t the only stand-alone store. We have one here in Kuala Lumpur called the iPod Station.

Posted by Edwinsson on March 5, 2005 at 8:55 PM (CST)

hahah! there we go! i am malaysian as well..very proud of it…heheh..but studying in UK now

Posted by john_ate in Bristol, UK on March 5, 2005 at 9:31 PM (CST)

Hey, thanks for the coverage. I work at the iPod Shop in San Luis Obispo and I just wanted to let you guys know that we read iPod Lounge just about every day in order to help figure out which accessories to carry!

Thanks again,

Justin

Posted by The iPod Shop in San Luis Obispo, CA on March 5, 2005 at 9:51 PM (CST)

Heard iPods just weren’t that big in the Far East outside of Japan.

Before the iPod Shuffle at least, people preferred those little flash players they could wear.

Maybe the Shuffle will change things?

Posted by wco81 in West Coast on March 5, 2005 at 10:09 PM (CST)

well, it’s all the rage here in Singapore. Ipod shuffle was sold out even before it reached the stores cos all went to pre-orders.

the older ipod 40gb photo was gone once the newer models were intro

Posted by joon on March 5, 2005 at 10:13 PM (CST)

Yeah..last time I visited Singapore (Dec ‘04, Funan mall I guess), I was inquiring about the iPod mini’s and they were all out of stock. Coming back to San Diego I easily picked up a few from my school’s computer center at discounted price. Ahhhh…nice.

Posted by cielo toscano in San Diego, California on March 6, 2005 at 3:54 AM (CST)

They have 14 iPod Models to offer??

I thought there were only currnetly only 7 Models in the iPod line.

2x Photo 60gb & 30Gb
2x iPod 30Gb & 20Gb
1x Mini 6Gb
2x Shuffle 512Mb & 1Gb

What are the other 7?

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on March 6, 2005 at 4:34 AM (CST)

Actually, it’s:

2x Shuffle 512Mb and 1Gb
4x Mini 4Gb
4x Mini 6Gb
1x iPod 20Gb
2x iPod Photo 30Gb and 60Gb
1x U2 Special Edition 20Gb

Which is 14 models all in

Posted by Azrael in Scotland on March 6, 2005 at 5:32 AM (CST)

Ichijoe, that line up is wrong anyway

1 x 512MB shuffle
1 x 1GB shuffle

1 x 4GB mini blue
1 x 4GB mini green
1 x 4GB mini pink
1 x 4GB mini silver

1 x 6GB mini blue
1 x 6GB mini green
1 x 6GB mini pink
1 x 6GB mini silver

1 x 20GB iPod
1 x U2 iPod

1 x 30GB photo
1 x 60GB photo

That makes up the 14 models.

Posted by iPodNod in London, UK on March 6, 2005 at 5:33 AM (CST)

There are four different iPod minis if you count the different colours, the U2 iPod is still available, and they may have back-stock of recently discontinued models such as the 40 Gb Photo.

Posted by pyramus in Moncton, NB, Canada on March 6, 2005 at 5:35 AM (CST)

Ugh WTF is the difference between a Green Mini or one that’s in Gold?
Besides Are Apple even still makeing the Mini 1G?

In anycase A Mini is a Mini irregardless of it’s color it should only matter if it’s a 1G (4Gb) or a 2G (6Gb) Mini…

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on March 6, 2005 at 9:02 AM (CST)

That’s like saying a Blue Ford’s are better then Red Fords! That’s BS!

Posted by Ichijoe in Deutschland on March 6, 2005 at 9:04 AM (CST)

But people want choice. It’s the exact reason you have blue Ford’s, red Ford’s + every other colour under the sun.

Also, both the 4Gb and 6Gb Mini’s that are out just now are both 2G, as the 4Gb have had a slight cosmetic makeover to update them.

Posted by Azrael in Scotland on March 6, 2005 at 10:33 AM (CST)

I live in SLO (San Luis Obispo) and I haven’t been there since this renovated store opened. What did you guys do with the old store? Sorry for you guys but I’ll just buy anthing Mac at Cal Poly because of their educational discount.

Posted by spinner903 on March 6, 2005 at 12:51 PM (CST)

The ipod store is two doors down from the mac store.
What is the discount at el corral?  I looked at the ipod stuff there once, and the prices didn’t seem any lower than anywhere else.

Posted by SLOpod in cal poly on March 6, 2005 at 9:32 PM (CST)

will u open this store in Montreal?

Posted by Conne in Montreal on March 7, 2005 at 4:15 AM (CST)

That is class pity there is no ipod shop whre i live in galway,ireland

Posted by Bob333 in Galway,Ireland on March 7, 2005 at 1:55 PM (CST)

That’s cool, but I’m not sure I like the idea of a stand-alone shop. I think that Macs and iPods need to be kept together so that when someone comes in and wants an iPod, they might say, “Wow, this Rocks! I wonder what the computers are like…” You can guess how it goes from there.

As for my location to Apple/iPod stores, the closest one is like a hundred miles away, all I’ve got is an Apple-Certified store(whoopdy frickin do), and its an hour drive away…

Posted by pakkman781 in TN on March 7, 2005 at 4:45 PM (CST)

Ichijoe,

I agree with the way you count them. To count them by color is just a marketing trick. It just SOUNDS better, like you have this awesome array of iPods you sell.

Posted by jinzo-ningen on March 7, 2005 at 7:36 PM (CST)

Hey,

I am quite interested in this and am a business adventurist myself. I would like to try this Apple just iPOd store in my area in Georgia. I believe that the store would be successful but need a bit more information. Is there anyway that you could possibly contact me?

My email address is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I have been thinnking about this for quite sometime. Please email me.

Thanks,
Abhishake

Posted by Abhishake Purohit in Atlanta on March 13, 2005 at 7:29 AM (CST)