First Verizon iPhone 4s arrive: biz orders later? | iLounge News

First Verizon iPhone 4s arrive: biz orders later?

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, February 7, 2011
News Categories: iPhone

While some early Verizon iPhone 4 pre-orders are beginning to arrive, other early pre-order customers have reported to iLounge that their phones have yet to ship. FedEx deliveries are beginning to arrive today for customers who received e-mail confirmations that their iPhone 4s had been shipped late last week, with one report including images from a reader who received his phone. On the other hand, we have received multiple reports of unexpected delays, including ones from customers who got their pre-orders in to Verizon’s business account system at 3:45 a.m. on February 3, but have yet to receive shipment notifications, suggesting that Verizon may be fulfilling standard consumer orders prior to those of business customers. If you pre-ordered a Verizon iPhone 4, please share your current order status and where you pre-ordered your device—Verizon consumer site, Verizon business, or Apple Store—in the comments below.

« Mix: Apple lobbyists, NFL + iPad, NYT + iPhone, The Daily

White iPhone 4 placards spotted at Best Buy, The Source »

Comments

Ordered at 1155 pm on 2nd.  Both iPhones at fed-ex facility with a delivery date of today.  I received confirmation 1 day after order for both phones.

Posted by Glenn on February 7, 2011 at 9:30 AM (PDT)

According to the e-mail I received, I should be getting mine today.

Posted by Big Money Tony on February 7, 2011 at 9:42 AM (PDT)

I ordered 2am thursday, shipped Friday for delivery today by 3pm. According to FedEx tracking, it’s nowhere near me as of 11am. Bummer =(

Posted by Rick on February 7, 2011 at 9:58 AM (PDT)

mine should be arriving today as well according to FedEx, though it doesn’t show on truck for delivery yet, only on schedule with a delivery date of 2/7

I ordered on the Verizon consumer site around 6:30 Eastern on the 3rd

Posted by jim8650 on February 7, 2011 at 10:10 AM (PDT)

Ordered 6:30 AM Feb. 3 on Verizon consumer site.  Received phone today, Feb. 7 9:30 AM via UPS in Houston. Transit originated in Tennessee.

Posted by Carl on February 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM (PDT)

Ordered mine on 02/03 - Scheduled FDX Standard Overnight tomorrow by 3pm. Called to see if I could pick it up, but was told they had to attempt at least one delivery before I could pick up.

Posted by Rob on February 7, 2011 at 10:48 AM (PDT)

reference number 4 above

mine just arrived!

Posted by jim8650 on February 7, 2011 at 11:09 AM (PDT)

I ordered Thursday at 7:30am EST.  It was shipped before Friday morning and is expected to be delivered today, according to FedEx tracking.  I am a personal user, not a business user.

Posted by Ron on February 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM (PDT)

Ordered mine on the business site. Got thru at 3:49am on 2/3. Website says that the order is completed but I have not received a shipping confirm which adds validity to this story. Not cool treating business customers like this.

Posted by Neil on February 7, 2011 at 11:39 AM (PDT)

Hello,

My iphone was ordered within an hour of the pre-order opening on VZW. I received my phone today via UPS. My employer ordered a couple phones during the same period through a business account, had received a confirmation, but still no tracking information yet.

Posted by consumerq on February 7, 2011 at 12:11 PM (PDT)

Just got mine 5 minutes ago!

Posted by Rick on February 7, 2011 at 12:20 PM (PDT)

ordered within 10 minutes of pre-orders starting and phone arrived this morning

Posted by john on February 7, 2011 at 12:32 PM (PDT)

Ordered mine at 3:30am on the 3rd through my business account. No sign of tracking info or that it is in inventory (Status says completed as of Sunday but waiting for inventory). Why would they put their largest financial contributors behind consumer purchases? I called my rep on Friday to ask and they told me that no one would be getting their phone before Thursday. I’m ok with waiting but get your story and launch model straight on such a big move. That is more upsetting than anything. We better get the “pre-orders” before they show up on shelves though or business users will be screaming.

Posted by Nick on February 7, 2011 at 12:53 PM (PDT)

I received an empty sealed box today. I got charged for the phone. I called Verizon and they told me that someone else got the phone and already activated it. They have suspended that phone but they do not know when I will get my phone.
I am very PO’ed- I have been waiting for this phone for a LONG TIME and now this….

Posted by Ric on February 7, 2011 at 12:57 PM (PDT)

Ordered at 2:50 am 2/3/11 (yes 10 minutes before 3 am) and received it via FedEx today.

Posted by Rob on February 7, 2011 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

Phone just arrived via UPS! Ordered at 3:00am when it was launched, and now its in my hands. Sweet!

Posted by Frank on February 7, 2011 at 1:13 PM (PDT)

Mine arrived about 1:30 EST. Ordered at 2:50 am on launch day.

Posted by Jason on February 7, 2011 at 1:52 PM (PDT)

mine is in hand, ordered at noon on first online order day.

Posted by Jeff on February 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM (PDT)

Picked mine up at FedEx on the way home from work tonight.  I pre-ordered mine about 3:05 ET on the 3rd, never got a ship notification email from Verizon.  But my shiny toy is here just the same….  grin

Posted by Eric on February 7, 2011 at 9:23 PM (PDT)

I ordered four phones on business site about 11:00am est and when I check I received a message that the order is completed but awaiting inventory.  Not at all good, very very unhappy.  I cannot imagine segmenting customers.  It should have been first come first served.  I will call Verizon tomorrow and complain LOUD.

Posted by Paul on February 7, 2011 at 11:03 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >