First Verizon iPhone 4s arrive: biz orders later? | iLounge News

First Verizon iPhone 4s arrive: biz orders later?

While some early Verizon iPhone 4 pre-orders are beginning to arrive, other early pre-order customers have reported to iLounge that their phones have yet to ship. FedEx deliveries are beginning to arrive today for customers who received e-mail confirmations that their iPhone 4s had been shipped late last week, with one report including images from a reader who received his phone. On the other hand, we have received multiple reports of unexpected delays, including ones from customers who got their pre-orders in to Verizon’s business account system at 3:45 a.m. on February 3, but have yet to receive shipment notifications, suggesting that Verizon may be fulfilling standard consumer orders prior to those of business customers. If you pre-ordered a Verizon iPhone 4, please share your current order status and where you pre-ordered your device—Verizon consumer site, Verizon business, or Apple Store—in the comments below.

« Mix: Apple lobbyists, NFL + iPad, NYT + iPhone, The Daily

White iPhone 4 placards spotted at Best Buy, The Source »

Comments

Ordered my iPhone at ~3:10AM (EST) on the 3rd. It arrived yesterday at 9:37AM (CST).

Posted by Austin on February 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM (PDT)

Oh yeah, and I ordered it from my non-business Verizon account.

Posted by Austin on February 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM (PDT)

I just received mine (Feb 8th at 4:45pm, it should have been here before 10:30am, but “it snowed”). I ordered it on Apple’s site a little before 3am est. I can’t activate it, I guess I’ll have to use my fiance’s phone to call Verizon whenever he gets home to see what’s going on.

Posted by Tash on February 8, 2011 at 3:05 PM (PDT)

I pre-ordered mine and received confirmaton/shipping info. Package arrived yesterday and was empty. Verizon still has not given me an update. I am calling my credit card company to dispute the charge.

Posted by Shawn on February 8, 2011 at 3:16 PM (PDT)

update to #23, just called Verizon and the tech had my phone running within 15 minutes (since I ordered from the Apple online store I had to talk to a tech since I didn’t have a Verizon issued order number)... BUT I had the same problem when I tried to activate my Blackberry a year and a half ago, so I don’t think this is something for other customers to be worried about with the iPhone… It’s probably just me   wink

Posted by Tash on February 8, 2011 at 3:57 PM (PDT)

An update- I was the original poster of the empty Verizon box.
I spent hours on the phone yesterday and filed three claim forms. I was supposed to get an update call today- still nothing, no phone, no update.
I am on the phone now with Verizon and again the rep knows nothing an cannot access the claim that was filed twice with Verizon.
So after an hour, he has told me he can’t do anything for me and there was never going to be an update call today they did not intend to call me for another 3 days according to the logs. I am calling my credit card company in the morning- I was already charged for it, and someone is enjoying my phone at my expense. This by far is the largest cluster I have been a part of in my lifetime.

Posted by Ric on February 8, 2011 at 9:22 PM (PDT)

Update to 24 - Ric #26, I feel your pain! I was told by Verizon if I wanted a refund I had to call my credit card company and file a dispute. Then I was told to get a refund by Verizon I had to ship the empty box back. That was 48hrs after the original call. I was then told they can give me a credit to my account but it will not post for 48hrs. I finally just called my credit card company and filed. I have lost all trust with them!

Posted by Shawn on February 9, 2011 at 7:11 AM (PDT)

A final update- Shawn I feel your pain.
As I mentioned in my last post, I was supposed to get a call- never got one. So I decided screw it I am going to stand in line with the masses and get one. I did- got to the Apple store at 4:00am -was 20 degrees outside but I ended up being first in line. I got a free bag of accessories worth about $100 so not too bad- still was cold outside. they opened up at 7am got my phone. As the Apple rep was programming my phone I got a call from Verizon - it was the person that was supposed to call me that never did. She told me that Verizon had done a weight audit and determined that the phone was not in the box. Wow- who knew? She told me they sent me another phone and she was giving me the tracking number. Told her I just got another one. She was surprised. Told her thanks and hung up on her.
Sure enough I got home Thursday evening and I ad a fed ex ticket on my door. Went Friday to Fedex to refuse the package so it would go back and they would finally credit my credit card the amount of the stolen phone. I made the counter person check the weight and there was a phone in there- there was one strip of security tape instead of two on my original box. So much work to get one phone- but I am happy with it just did not think I was going to have to do all of this for it… I hope it works out for your Shawn….

Posted by Ric on February 12, 2011 at 10:32 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2