FishLabs releases Galaxy on Fire 2 HD for iPhone 4S and iPad 2
FishLabs has released Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, a high-performance version of its popular space adventure game exclusively for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Taking full advantage of the A5 chip, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD provides 3D models rendered with four times as many polygons and textures at a four times higher resolution than the original Galaxy on Fire 2, running smoothly at up to 40 frames per second. New Open GL 2.0 shaders and additional texture sets and specular maps provide extremely detailed surfaces for each of the 30 space ships and space stations in the game with console-quality graphics and enhanced special effects.
As with the standard version of Galaxy on Fire 2, the HD version takes the player on a journey through a vast universe of more than 20 star systems, 100 different space stations and 30 configurable space ships while following the immersive storyline of Keith T. Maxwell, thrust 35 years into the future and halfway across the galaxy by a malfunctioning hyperdrive. Maxwell must quickly adapt to his new environment while being drawn into the middle of an intergalactic struggle between the four major races and helping defend against a new alien threat. Galaxy on Fire 2 HD also provides support for transferring saved games between iOS devices and Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD for Mac OS X via iCloud, including support for the upcoming Valkyrie HD add-on scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2012. Game transferability between the regular version of Galaxy on Fire 2 and the new HD version will also be coming with the release of Valkyrie HD. Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is a universal app requiring an iPhone 4S or iPad 2 and is available from the App Store for $10.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?