Forbes: Gadgets We Love | iLounge News

Forbes: Gadgets We Love

“The most unpopular gift my wife ever received came from me on Christmas Eve of 2001. She unwrapped the package, cracked open the stylish clamshell box and frowned at the debut model of the iPod, Apple’s magnificent music player. It was the size of a pack of cigarettes, gleaming in white and polished stainless steel and ready to swallow hundreds of songs.

‘This isn’t for me,’ she said, sliding the whole mess over to my end of the coffee table. ‘This is for you.’ She was right. So after a few tepid protestations I took custody of the unloved player and turned it into a high-tech talisman of my inner life. The iPod renewed my love of music and answered a primal need: It made me feel cool.”

« iTrip Needs More Than Fine-Tuning

Apple Store: Save $9 on shipping on iPods »

Comments

roflmao

Posted by deggy on October 25, 2003 at 3:45 AM (PDT)

Does your wife regret the decision now that the iPod is known by name by almost everyone, and is the most popular digital music player ever produced?

Posted by Sraphim on October 25, 2003 at 6:40 PM (PDT)

dammit…i should get a wife by this christmas…

Posted by j.m on October 26, 2003 at 12:14 AM (PDT)

You can probably have his wife now ; She won’t be with him for long if he keeps buying gifts (for himself) and masquerading them as gifts for her..

Posted by Deatrice on October 26, 2003 at 1:12 AM (PDT)

This Christmas do what every other self-respecting man does: buy her a new vacuum cleaner or set of saucepans. smile  (I hope your guest room bed is not too lumpy.)

Posted by Sir Alan on October 27, 2003 at 1:51 AM (PDT)

I my wife didn’t like iPods I would dump that ##### in an alley.

Posted by Zac on October 28, 2003 at 4:07 PM (PDT)