Forums: Best Song Ever, iPhone UMPC, Smartlists, Memories
This week in the iLounge Discussion Forums:
Some people - okay, lots of people - have opinions on the best music ever made. In our Music Forum, reader Silvio asks: “Is this the greatest song of all time?” with a link to a certain Led Zeppelin track. Register your vote in the thread.
Our iPhone Forum continues to pick up steam as readers continue to wonder about Apple’s eventual goals for iPhone technology. In “iPhone as UMPC,” readers discuss whether the iPhone is Apple’s way of testing the ultra-mobile PC market - or may actually evolve into one as time goes on. What do you think?
In the iTunes (Mac + PC) Forum, TheDoctor started a thread called “Your Smart Playlist Ideas—Post them Here” back in 2004, and readers are still discussing “Super Smart Playlists” with all sorts of different ideas for building fun automatic playlists from your library.
Finally, in our iPod Culture and Stories Forum, reader Peacefroggyac started a discussion called “Memories of the old days…” to ask if other readers remembered what it was like when no one understood what an iPod was, and “why you needed that many songs.” Share your recollections in the thread - did you lead the bandwagon or jump on only recently?
- iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats
- iPodweek and Forums: iPhone, iTunes Plus, Worn-out Logos
- Forums: Free Books, EU iPhone, Fix Your PC, iLounge Feedback
- Forums: Cover songs, Compilations, iPhone abroad, Earphones
- Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey
- iPodweek launches, XtremeMac giveaway & Forums Friday
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?