Forums created for “New iPods” and “iTunes Music Store” | iLounge News

Forums created for “New iPods” and “iTunes Music Store”

We have consolidated several discussions regarding new iPods into a new category; “New iPods: Discuss the brand new 10, 15 & 30 GB iPods announced on April 28th.” We have also created a new category for the iTunes Music Store within the iTunes forum.

New iPods forum  iTunes Music Store forum

« Time: Steve Jobs: ‘It’s So Cool’

Update: iPod Software 1.3 vs. 2.0 »

Comments

Can’t wait. I’ll be there @ 6 tonight for the event. Gonna buy the 15.

Posted by rhino on May 2, 2003 at 7:46 AM (CDT)

Was travelling all day yesterday via airplane…you should see the envious looks an iPod draws when there are people sitting there bored out of their skulls on a flight…I think i would take a pass on the new iPods if you’re going to do a lot of travelling with it because of the lower battery life.  I’m guessing enough people will whine about the battery life and there will be a new battery with the next revision of the iPods.  Without a doubt, these are wonderful devices for portable entertainment.

Posted by ab in DC on May 3, 2003 at 7:13 AM (CDT)

just got my 10gig win pod to relace the broke 5 gig after waiting a month.Don’t worry about the button move. Life is great again.Love the new playlist on the run,and have noticed the volume has more range.You can just run you finger over the controls and presto. Had read that it takes some time to get a feel for the buttons but i had it down in no time at all.Minor changes in the musicmatch software but appears faster and less track problems.
guess i was asleep when i posted this to wrong sectionabout new ipod post

Posted by justaguy in new orleans on May 3, 2003 at 11:43 AM (CDT)

Hi fellow ipodders! I just got the new 30gb and I love it. Works well with the new MMJB and don’t have any complaints yet. I do like the the new buttons as they glow a cool red. The new features are cool and I suggest upgrading to the this piece of art.

Posted by DJ JUST in New Jersey on May 3, 2003 at 12:39 PM (CDT)

the “peice of art” is not very easy to upgrade to especially with a custom engraved “old” iPod received less than 2 months ago as a graduation present!!!

how the hell am I going to sell an engraved ipod so I can upgrade (which I would only do for the new SOFTWARE features) and why in dogs name would anyone by my now unsuported iPod anyway?

APPLE MUST PAY, I AM FURIOUS

Posted by Screaming Baboon in Japan on May 3, 2003 at 7:07 PM (CDT)

if they are unsupported now, then what happens to people still under applecare warranty, do they recieve a new replacement 3rdgen? cause if so, mine might me in for an ‘accidental’ trip down the stairs. hehe

Posted by Ben in UK on May 5, 2003 at 1:32 PM (CDT)

The old iPods are still supported and the new software will effect all iPods. It is still being tested for windows but otherwise it will be available for all.

Posted by jason in washington dc on May 5, 2003 at 3:52 PM (CDT)

really?

.... cool!

Posted by Oliver in Japan on May 6, 2003 at 4:35 AM (CDT)

Does anyone have any info on when some aftermarket cases are going to become available for the new 15gb ipod? If there are some available, where are they?

I am thinking that $400.00 is worth wraping up a in something more protective than nylon wrapped card board.

Thanks

Posted by Meniscus Graphics in Colorado on May 6, 2003 at 5:34 PM (CDT)

i just bought the new 10gig iPod (for windows) and loved it for a while ... but I’ve noticed that certain tracks (that sound fine on my desktop) get distorted on the iPod ..

it sounds like the old days when you used to record cds onto tapes and got distortion when the cd level got too high for the tape.

When i called apple care they told me it’s because i use a pc ... can this possibly be true?  Has anyone else heard this?

Posted by tom in NYC on May 7, 2003 at 9:22 AM (CDT)

I too have been having problems with distortion.  Only when I connect it to my home stereo or car (cassette adapter).  The distortion is so bad I have to turn it off.  Can’t figure it out.  The sound is great through the headphones and CPU speakers.

Posted by Ben in Chicago on May 7, 2003 at 9:10 PM (CDT)

Ben,

A friend of mine had that same problem.  He found that if he turned the volume on the iPod down (to about halfway ... or less) and then relied on the volume controls of the car (or home) stereo, things sounded a little better.

In my case the distortion happens through the headphones (very good headphones) and at any volume.  Very frustrating.

Posted by tom in NYC on May 8, 2003 at 7:19 AM (CDT)

I have the 30gb and I am on a PC and I have not heard the distortion or the “click” that some other users hear between tracks.  Guess I got lucky with mine.

Posted by Damon in Seattle on May 9, 2003 at 10:44 AM (CDT)

I’m waiting on the my new 30 Gb iPod (I’m trading in the old 20), but if you’re looking to trade in an iPod with engraving, go to small dog:

And they will take it.

Posted by NetCurl on May 9, 2003 at 3:28 PM (CDT)

Is it true that there is a pause between tracks on the ipod???

Posted by Jacqueline in Melbourne on May 10, 2003 at 7:25 AM (CDT)

if it is left playing there is a slight pause, similar to the slight pause you used to get when burning CDs…
not enough to hear silence, but just enough to through out the beat.

Posted by Oliver in Japan on May 10, 2003 at 7:41 AM (CDT)

I have had to reinstall the Windows software 3 times before it recognised my new 30GB unit to reformat it to Windows. Done now so far so good. I still can’t start the MusicMatch Jukebox: “There is a problem with the skin you are using. Either the ActiveX controls have not been registered or there is a missing file.” Very unhelpful message when this is a new installation. Any suggestions anyone?

Posted by Andras Kemeny in Sheffield on May 10, 2003 at 2:30 PM (CDT)

Just recieved a new 10GB iPod. I love everything about it.I was wondeing if anybody know what ACELP or Voiceage corporation   are and what they have added to the new iPod.

Posted by Agustin Serna in Mardid, Spain on May 10, 2003 at 4:46 PM (CDT)

ACELP has been in iPods ever since Audible was supported.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on May 11, 2003 at 12:13 AM (CDT)

I just got my new 10 gig yesterday and I love it. However, it keeps randomly powering off. I called the store I bought it from and they said to make sure the sleep setting were turned off (They are). Do I have a setting set wrong or should I take it back and get a replacement. I love the iPod and just want to make sure it works the best it can.

Posted by Jake Troyer on May 11, 2003 at 7:26 PM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >

Please enter the word you see in the image below: