Forums: EQ settings, Display hack, Older iPodders, Intro thread | iLounge News

Forums: EQ settings, Display hack, Older iPodders, Intro thread

In this week’s dip into the iLounge Discussion Forums: although many iPod users prefer not to use the iPod’s equalizers, one reader has asked, “What Are Your Favorite EQ Settings?” Are you an EQ on or an EQ off kind of iPodder?

Some iPod owners have decided to ‘hack’ their iPods in order to change the “Do not disconnect” message - see what others have used to replace the default message. (Be careful: some customization may invalidate your warranty.)

One reader says that his sister believes he is too old to own an iPod at 47 - do you think the iPod crosses the generation gap, or is it a music device for younger audiences only? (If so, are the rest of us doomed to using cassette Walkmen forever?)

Along the lines of our long-running “Show us what you look like” thread: check out The Definitive “Introducing Myself” Thread. New to the forums? Then introduce yourself here!

« Mix: DRM roadblock, Patents, Google iTunes, Gap commercial

Mix: Bushcast, iPod Patent, Microsoft, Windows Media »

Comments

now that ive gotten a new computer, I have downloaded some new songs, yet they are not updating onto my iPod, which i have connected to the new computer (it has previously been on my other computer). how do i fix this

Posted by matt on August 12, 2005 at 10:17 PM (PDT)

matt, try use the forum for answer. not much info yr question but i suspect you need to authorise yr new comp first for the new songs to be active (if it was bought from itms).

Posted by size9 on August 13, 2005 at 4:31 AM (PDT)

I’ve used both Roxio and Magix software to create MP3s from vinyl. I’ve used the default settings and custom settings and the resulting MP3 files play back muffled—like listening through a pillow in my iTunes. The exact same MP3 file plays perfectly fine in Roxio’s Audio Central and in my Windows Media Player—it simply does not play back in iTunes. Any ideas?

Posted by Hop on August 13, 2005 at 8:21 PM (PDT)

My ipod is responding very unusual. I connected my ipod to the computer and it is charging, yet the computer cannot find it all. when i say this i mean that it displays a message in itunes saying that there is no ipod connected. HELP!

Posted by Chris on August 14, 2005 at 6:18 PM (PDT)

Hello everyone
Listened to your Podcast, interesting.
My quick question if someone would help.
I do have a Ipod Mini.I would LIke to use the recorder for record some of the important meetings.Tried the italk, dint work. PLease let me know if there is any other alternative for recorder for Ipod MIni
Thanks and appreciate it
Suresh

Posted by suresh on August 14, 2005 at 7:27 PM (PDT)

Posted by meghan on August 18, 2005 at 5:14 PM (PDT)

Hi everyone, I have a 2 gen ipod. I cannot get my computer at home to recognize it. at the office I could plug into the desktop with the firwire & the little adaptor and it works great. At home I only have usb2 so I bought a dynex hub to go from firewire to usb, no good. Went to dev. mgr. & removed the usb devices, pnp found them & message said I was trying to connect a usb to a high speed usb2 but that this would just slow down my dl/ul speeds but it still did not recognize my ipod. If any one can tell me what i’m doing wrong I would be very appreciative. I didn’t know how dependent I was on this little device - it’s great! Please help if u can.

Posted by fred on August 21, 2005 at 6:53 PM (PDT)

Meghan the same thing happened to me! while listening to my ipod on shuffle, i pressed the “next song” button and my ipod completely froze.  The play symbol is on as well as the backlight but my pod is not responding to anything, including a reset.  Has this happened to anyone else?  What do you suggest that i do, appart from sending it back to Apple?

Posted by tony on August 17, 2006 at 2:25 PM (PDT)