Forums: Free Books, EU iPhone, Fix Your PC, iLounge Feedback
This week’s look at the iLounge Discussion Forums looks at some of the most popular discussions taking place on the site.
Everyone loves free stuff. In our Audiobooks Forum, readers have spent a lot of time looking for free audio books, maintaining a huge thread since 2005 to help people find what’s online. A separate discussion, Audible Book Recommendations - Post Yours Here, has since 2003 tracked reader advice on the best audiobooks available from Audible (and the iTunes Store). Read the list, or add your suggestions there.
In our growing iPhone Forum, readers outside the United States have been trying to figure out how to join the iPhone community before their countries’ official, and as yet unknown official launch dates. In Buying iPhone Abroad, international customers are discussing the wisdom of buying the U.S. phone given its contract and EDGE support; will forthcoming European and Asian versions be better?
Our second most popular forum is, interestingly, The Lounge - a place where readers can discuss anything not related to the iPod. As just one example of the helpful suggestions in there, one reader’s request for help “Making Computer Faster” has resulted in useful tips on optimizing an older Dell computer. Will something in there help you, too?
Finally, one of our quietest forums is Feedback & Suggestions, which gives readers the chance to ask questions or offer suggestions for improving the site. As we continue to work on a major update to iLounge, we’re interested in hearing your thoughts; post them in the forum and we’ll take them into consideration.
- iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats
- iPodweek and Forums: iPhone, iTunes Plus, Worn-out Logos
- Forums: Cover songs, Compilations, iPhone abroad, Earphones
- Forums: Best Song Ever, iPhone UMPC, Smartlists, Memories
- Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey
- iPodweek launches, XtremeMac giveaway & Forums Friday
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Logitech debuts Type+ Keyboard for iPad Air
- Upcoming iPad Air to have gold color option
- Apple Q4 earnings call coming October 20
- European magazine gets blacklisted by Apple for posting “Bendgate” video
- “Reset All Settings” in iOS 8 may also erase iCloud Drive content
- Apple’s tax deal in Ireland may be illegal according to EU regulators
- Apple releases first iOS 8.1 beta to developers
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus hit China Oct. 17, pre-orders Oct. 10
- Report: iOS 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 in simultaneous development
- French fashion retailer Colette to hold in-store Apple event
- Spigen Capsule, Neo Hybrid / EX / Metal + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6
- Griffin Survivor All-Terrain, Core, and Slim for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Griffin Identity, Reveal cases for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Orbotix Ollie by Sphero
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic HD
- JBL Charge 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 In-Ear Headphones
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Speck CandyShell, Card, Grip + Inked cases for iPhone 6
- Incipio DualPro Shine, Edge for iPhone 6 + NGP for iPhone 6 Plus
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch