Forums: Free Books, EU iPhone, Fix Your PC, iLounge Feedback
This week’s look at the iLounge Discussion Forums looks at some of the most popular discussions taking place on the site.
Everyone loves free stuff. In our Audiobooks Forum, readers have spent a lot of time looking for free audio books, maintaining a huge thread since 2005 to help people find what’s online. A separate discussion, Audible Book Recommendations - Post Yours Here, has since 2003 tracked reader advice on the best audiobooks available from Audible (and the iTunes Store). Read the list, or add your suggestions there.
In our growing iPhone Forum, readers outside the United States have been trying to figure out how to join the iPhone community before their countries’ official, and as yet unknown official launch dates. In Buying iPhone Abroad, international customers are discussing the wisdom of buying the U.S. phone given its contract and EDGE support; will forthcoming European and Asian versions be better?
Our second most popular forum is, interestingly, The Lounge - a place where readers can discuss anything not related to the iPod. As just one example of the helpful suggestions in there, one reader’s request for help “Making Computer Faster” has resulted in useful tips on optimizing an older Dell computer. Will something in there help you, too?
Finally, one of our quietest forums is Feedback & Suggestions, which gives readers the chance to ask questions or offer suggestions for improving the site. As we continue to work on a major update to iLounge, we’re interested in hearing your thoughts; post them in the forum and we’ll take them into consideration.
- iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats
- iPodweek and Forums: iPhone, iTunes Plus, Worn-out Logos
- Forums: Cover songs, Compilations, iPhone abroad, Earphones
- Forums: Best Song Ever, iPhone UMPC, Smartlists, Memories
- Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey
- iPodweek launches, XtremeMac giveaway & Forums Friday
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Apple TV software updates to 7.0 with Beats Music channel and redesigned look
- New Cook interview provides insight on Apple Watch development
- Apple releases iOS 8
- Report: Apple to unveil new iPads on October 21
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels