Forums Friday: Stuck iPods, Best Cases, Future Pods, Verizon and iPhone
For this week’s peek at the iLounge Discussion Forums, we’ve picked a few topics that range from helpful to optimistic to snarky. Join these discussions (and thousands more) by checking out the links below.
Many comments were inspired by a user who said that he couldn’t get his iPod to turn off. In “For the Love of God, I Can’t Turn off my IPOD!,” reader n19htmare worked through obvious solutions before ultimately opening, photographing, and (sort of) fixing his video-screened iPod. The problem wasn’t what people were expecting. Also: can you offer tips to this iLounger whose nano appears to be frozen?
In our iPod Cases forum, readers continue to discuss and debate their favorite full-sized iPod cases and covers. Judging from the posts, readers seem to love InvisibleShields and Belkin’s recent Brushed Metal cases for iPods. What do you think?
What do you wish could be done with future iPods? That’s the question posted by one iLounge reader. Answers so far range from a miniature camera to optical audio output and user-expandable memory. We have our ideas; what are yours?
Finally, readers offer their opinions on Why Verizon passed on the iPhone, ranging from a poor business choice to a lack of ability to control the product’s interface and features. Was this a bad move or a good move in your view? .
- iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats
- iPodweek and Forums: iPhone, iTunes Plus, Worn-out Logos
- Forums: Free Books, EU iPhone, Fix Your PC, iLounge Feedback
- Forums: Cover songs, Compilations, iPhone abroad, Earphones
- Forums: Best Song Ever, iPhone UMPC, Smartlists, Memories
- Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey
- Apple’s Eddy Cue shares his hopes for Apple News
- Report: Apple testing dual front cameras, wireless charging, and more in iPhone 7 prototypes
- Apple expands Personal Pickup to 6 more EU countries
- Apple Music coming to Sonos Dec. 15 through public beta program
- Apple to drop headphone jack from next iPhone?
- Amazon Instant Video app could hit Apple TV ‘within a few weeks’
- Some Apple Music and iTunes Match services may be illegal in the U.K.
- Australian banks accused of anti-competitive behavior over Apple Pay lockout
- Happy Thanksgiving 2015 from iLounge!
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- House of Marley Chant Sport Portable Audio System
- Grid Connect ConnectSense Smart Outlet
- iDevices Switch HomeKit and Wi-Fi enabled plug
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Pro
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?