Forums: Holiday support group, Buying advice, DIY 5G dock, Guide to video | iLounge News

Forums: Holiday support group, Buying advice, DIY 5G dock, Guide to video

In this week’s look at the iLounge Discussion Forums: with “that time of the year” fast approaching, members have resurrected the Christmas iPod Support Group thread. Originally posted back in 2003, it seems to find its way back into favor each year. Do you need “support?”

Having trouble deciding which accessory to buy for your iPod? If you’ve read the Holiday Buyers’ Guide and reviews of accessories on the main site, but are still unsure, then put your question to the iLounge readers in one of the iLounge Accessory Discussion Forums. Hopefully we can help you decide.

Got a spare fifth generation iPod universal dock adaptor lying around, or do you just want to make your own dock? One reader set about creating a homemade dock for their 5G iPod from an old iPod carrying case box.

Need to find out how to convert video to play on your 5G iPod? If our recent Mac features weren’t enough, perhaps the “GUIDES TO: Converting Video for iPod - Mac & Windows” thread in the Discussion Forum for “Filling Your iPod - TV & Videos” will help.

« Apple after-Thanksgiving sale prices

Happy Thanksgiving from iLounge »

Comments

I would like to use my Bose SoundDock as both a player for my iPod as well as a speaker system for my computer.  I have been unable to find a wire that would have one end as a headphone jack from my computer and the other end that would plug into the Bose SoundDock (picture an adapter with an ipod connection but it is without the ipod).

Do you know of any suce accessory or company that could make such a wire.

Charles

Posted by Charles Oliver on November 27, 2005 at 7:16 AM (CST)

Can someone please tell me if the latest 60GB iPod is compatible with OS X 10.2.8?

Thanks.

Posted by Ollie on December 6, 2005 at 3:02 PM (CST)

Help please, have just bought an Ipod Nano in the UK for my 14 yo daughter, I run a pc with Microsoft XP Home can someone please advise whether I need to install a Microsoft Service Pack to make the Ipod work?

Posted by David Radcliffe on December 17, 2005 at 1:03 PM (CST)

The latest iPod should work with 10.2.8 IF you can run the latest QuickTime and iTunes on it.

Posted by Pecos Bill on December 17, 2005 at 6:18 PM (CST)

I have inadvertantly deleted all the songs off my iTunes .I have a Windows XP. The iTunes icone under my computer is now empty. I have a 20 gig iPod that has all the songs still on it.

Question:
How do I transfer the songs from the iPod to the computer?

Thanks !

Posted by Vernon Bryder on December 20, 2005 at 10:53 PM (CST)

My Computer Won’t Read My Ipod Mini.
All The Software Is Installed And When I Go To Device Manager It Says I Need To Install The
Ipod Drivers.
Help Me!!!

Posted by Darcy17 on December 27, 2005 at 5:14 PM (CST)

I would like to buy my husband an i pod
he has a korg trition key board
which he down loads music to disk
and I was wondering if he could down
load on to the i pod from his key board ?

Posted by Sam on January 3, 2006 at 1:21 PM (CST)

I just bought a new computer running xp and was wondering if i could transfer my playlists off of my 1st gen mini pod. when i plug in i try to drag lists over and it doesnt work. Could Someone help me out.

Posted by scott on January 12, 2006 at 8:25 PM (CST)

hi
i would like to update from a walkman to an ipod or mp3 player. where do i start? i have a new pc so will be able to access music downloads.
thanks

Posted by deborah on January 14, 2006 at 7:50 AM (CST)

is there anyway to delete songs/pics without formatting the whole ipod?

Posted by kim on January 17, 2006 at 9:07 PM (CST)

okay, I need some help here. I am considering an iPod (the new 30 gig) and have read the reviews and was pretty much sold. I have about 500 CDs (all legal store bought stuff)and want to put the whole collection onto iTunes. I was inspired enough to start before I got the player. Problem is alot of the songs have assorted skips in them (like if the disk were scratched). This ONLY happens in iTunes, however. They all play fine in WMP. They all play fine on audio cd units. I can rip them to mp3 or wma in WMP all day and all formats work fine. ITunes, however, always produces these skips (in aac or mp3). One example is Evanesence Fallen, another is the new collector’s ed. Born to Run. Is there something I am missing? I would like to use the iTunes store for future purchases, but if I can’t get my old cd’s to work, I can’t see myself going with Apple. Someone let me know if this sounds familiar and if there is something I can do to get these discs to work.

Posted by victor on February 15, 2006 at 3:12 PM (CST)

Help!  I would like to purchase an IPod for my husband.  He likes to listen to audiobooks when he is walking.  What I-Pod do you recommend for this purpose?

Posted by svh5370 on March 21, 2006 at 12:15 PM (CST)

I purchased a Kensington Stereo Dock for my Ipod.  My intentions were to connect the RCA out jacks to my whole house music system.  The sound coming out of my Stereo Dock into my Music system is unamlified.  This is a problem because I have to increase the volume of the system to get adaquate output volume.  What can I use to amplify the line out on the stereo dock,  key word cheap?  I am afraid if I turn the whole system up the kids will blow the speakers if they switch sources.

Posted by Dave on March 31, 2006 at 3:50 PM (CST)

I ‘bought’ some itunes credits from Carphone Warehouse, and there were no vouchers from Apple in the packet - just a receipt with a couple of Carphone Warehouse reference numbers on. This is the first time I’ve tried to purchase them, so am not familiar with the process. When I try and tap them into the itunes site, it doesn’t want to know. Anyone know if I’m doing something wrong or just been ripped off. And before someone says ‘call Carphone Warehouse’, I tried for around an hour a day for around two months to get a resolution before giving up! Tried asking the Apple store in London - no joy. If no joy here, I’ll just have to accept I’ve lost my money. Grrr!

Posted by Jason Moran on April 20, 2006 at 8:56 AM (CDT)