Forums: iPhone deals & Divx, High-end car kits, Podcasts
This week in the iLounge Discussion Forums: Discussions of iPhones, Car Integration, and Podcasts.
In the increasingly popular iPhone forum, readers are questioning the accuracy of claims allegedly made by a Cingular/AT&T customer service representative who said that Apple and Cingular will sell the iPhone as an iPod first, with additional fees - no cellular discounts - only if you want to access the Cingular phone network. Other readers wonder whether Apple will expand video format support on iPhone to allow it to play Divx or other files rather than just H.264 and MPEG-4 videos. What do you think?
Our In-Car Solutions forum is packed with discussions of new high-end car kits. Two of the most popular discussions right now are for Alpine’s CDA-9856 and the Nissan Murano iPod interface, but there are lots of other discussions for various cars and types of iPod integration.
Finally, if you’re looking to become a podcaster, a nice thread on Getting Your Podcast on iTunes points the way to documents that will help you format your podcast and submit it to Apple’s official database. It’s only one of over 175,000 threads that might help you make more of iTunes this weekend - give the rest a look!
- iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats
- iPodweek and Forums: iPhone, iTunes Plus, Worn-out Logos
- Forums: Free Books, EU iPhone, Fix Your PC, iLounge Feedback
- Forums: Cover songs, Compilations, iPhone abroad, Earphones
- Forums: Best Song Ever, iPhone UMPC, Smartlists, Memories
- Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac