Forums: iPod reliability, iTunes servers, Classified Ads, Prices
This week in the iLounge Discussion Forums:
Users have started to debate whether recent iPod models suffer from serious reliability problems, or whether complaints of iPod failures are too hard to swallow. Do you have an experience - positive or negative - worth sharing?
For more than a month, some forum members have been noticing apparent iTunes Store server problems - lags and timeouts when searching for content. One user says that the Store times out every time he tries to search for an artist or album that isn’t available. Have you noticed any hiccups? Add your thoughts to the thread.
If you’ve been looking to buy or sell a used iPod or accessory, you’ve probably hunted through our Classifieds section. But if you haven’t visited, now might be the time: readers are looking to buy everything from working but scratched 5G iPods to second-generation iPod shuffles. Want to trade colored cases? Take a look - you might just be able to turn your old iPod gear into cash for something new.
Finally, in a discussion that’s been ongoing since 2003, readers from around the world talk about how much they’ve paid for their iPods. In the past month or so, a handful of readers from Vietnam, Australia, Canada, and the U.S. have added their prices. How much did you pay for your iPod, and where?
- iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats
- iPodweek and Forums: iPhone, iTunes Plus, Worn-out Logos
- Forums: Free Books, EU iPhone, Fix Your PC, iLounge Feedback
- Forums: Cover songs, Compilations, iPhone abroad, Earphones
- Forums: Best Song Ever, iPhone UMPC, Smartlists, Memories
- Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?