Forums: iPod reliability, iTunes servers, Classified Ads, Prices
This week in the iLounge Discussion Forums:
Users have started to debate whether recent iPod models suffer from serious reliability problems, or whether complaints of iPod failures are too hard to swallow. Do you have an experience - positive or negative - worth sharing?
For more than a month, some forum members have been noticing apparent iTunes Store server problems - lags and timeouts when searching for content. One user says that the Store times out every time he tries to search for an artist or album that isn’t available. Have you noticed any hiccups? Add your thoughts to the thread.
If you’ve been looking to buy or sell a used iPod or accessory, you’ve probably hunted through our Classifieds section. But if you haven’t visited, now might be the time: readers are looking to buy everything from working but scratched 5G iPods to second-generation iPod shuffles. Want to trade colored cases? Take a look - you might just be able to turn your old iPod gear into cash for something new.
Finally, in a discussion that’s been ongoing since 2003, readers from around the world talk about how much they’ve paid for their iPods. In the past month or so, a handful of readers from Vietnam, Australia, Canada, and the U.S. have added their prices. How much did you pay for your iPod, and where?
- iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats
- iPodweek and Forums: iPhone, iTunes Plus, Worn-out Logos
- Forums: Free Books, EU iPhone, Fix Your PC, iLounge Feedback
- Forums: Cover songs, Compilations, iPhone abroad, Earphones
- Forums: Best Song Ever, iPhone UMPC, Smartlists, Memories
- Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?