Forums: iPod+Linux Discussion Forum launches | iLounge News

Forums: iPod+Linux Discussion Forum launches

What’s new in the iLounge Discussion Forums? Today, after many requests from our readers, iLounge is pleased to launch a new forum for iPod users who might wish to install Linux on their iPods. The new forum, iPod+Linux Discussion Forum will give members a special area to discuss Linux on iPods, exchange tips, and seek advice for any problems they might encounter.

« iPod continues to be dominant player among teens

Merriam-Webster references to be released for iPod »

Comments

This is great and I think was really needed. It’s too bad I didn’t think of it :)

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 5, 2006 at 2:15 PM (CDT)

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the whole iPod + Linux thing all about? I’m relativley new to the iPod but I’ve been using computers since I could hold a mouse. I don’t know much about Linux. Although I wish it wasn’t so, I’ve always had to work with the mainstream Windows software, so could someone throw me a bone here? Please? lol

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 5, 2006 at 4:05 PM (CDT)

What about iPod + Rockbox?  I think this one deserved attention Bob?  Thanks!

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 5, 2006 at 4:37 PM (CDT)

Werewolf:
iPod Linux is another OS for the iPod. After you install it, you reset the iPod (Menu + center button) and press and hold the ‘rewind’ button. This in effect will boot iPod Linux. With iPod Linux, you can install Doom, Mario, and lots of Nintendo games…...

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 6, 2006 at 12:46 AM (CDT)

well iPodLinux is coool but what is sad that bootloader freezes soo often.. :(

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 6, 2006 at 8:52 AM (CDT)

Is it riscky? and is it easy to instal? i have had the iPod awhile but im still no genius! does it cost anything? (yes I am a cheep skate in some things=))

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 6, 2006 at 5:02 PM (CDT)

ipodlinux just addes more to ur ipod like new games and other things rite?

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 6, 2006 at 7:14 PM (CDT)

Hi, my Ipod won’t shut off!

I click and hold the play/pause button but nothing.  I know it’s not on ‘hold’ and I know the button functions, because I can Play, and Pause… but when I press and hold it, nothing happens.

How do I shut it off?

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 11, 2006 at 12:45 PM (CDT)

my ipod nano is not registering on my computer i did the hard reset i uninstall and istall the software 4 times and stil nothing help please someone

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 25, 2006 at 10:57 AM (CDT)

How do you get scratches off your ipod screen?

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on April 25, 2006 at 7:20 PM (CDT)

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A NEW COMPUTER AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN GET MY SONGS FROM MY IPOD ONTO MY NEW COMPUTER?...
IS THIS POSSIBLE?
THANKS.

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on July 17, 2006 at 12:16 PM (CDT)

IS THIS POSSIBLE?
PLEASE REPLY TO

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

THANKS.

Posted by Bob Levens in UK on July 17, 2006 at 12:18 PM (CDT)