Forums: TV & Video Forum, iPod box, Music, Eminem Ad
In this week’s dip into the iLounge Discussion Forums: now that Apple have added video playback to the newest member of the iPod family, you’ll want somewhere to discuss it. So why not pay a visit to the latest addition to the iLounge forums: the TV & Videos Forum. We’re certain that as more readers receive their 5G iPods there’ll be plenty of discussion here.
With the arrival of the new 5G iPod we have completely waved goodbye to the iPod “box” - the origami-like experience of unfolding the “box” is something that new iPod users will miss. Some readers are discussing its passing in “R.I.P. iPod Box….” Will you miss its cubic charm?
Many readers will still feel that the iPod is first and foremost a music player, and will perhaps have no interest in the video playback ability of the 5G. If you are one of these users, then visit the Music Recommendation forum for some new sounds, as suggested by other iLounge readers.
First it was there, then it was gone. But now it is back again - the Eminem Ad has returned. Some readers discuss the merits of choosing Eminem to star in the 5G ad campaign. How do you feel? Should Apple have retained the anonymous dancing silhouettes or is it time to move on?
- iPodweek + Forums: iTunes Bug, CD Rips, and Fun Chats
- iPodweek and Forums: iPhone, iTunes Plus, Worn-out Logos
- Forums: Free Books, EU iPhone, Fix Your PC, iLounge Feedback
- Forums: Cover songs, Compilations, iPhone abroad, Earphones
- Forums: Best Song Ever, iPhone UMPC, Smartlists, Memories
- Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2014 earnings call
- Apple announces 7:1 stock split, increased share buyback, dividends
- Apple Q2 2014: 43.7M iPhones, 16.3M iPads, 2.7M iPods
- Former employee says Apple left iOS users vulnerable
- Siri coming to Apple TV?
- Google covering some Samsung defense costs in Apple case
- Changes introduced to Apple’s app content rating system
- iOS 7.1.1 makes in-app purchases clear in Top Grossing chart
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.1
- Apps: 1Password 4.5, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Health Mate 2.0 + WeMo 1.5.1
- Divoom Voombox Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Pelican ProGear Voyager for iPhone 5/5s
- ZeroChroma Vario-Edge for iPhone 5/5c/5s + Vortex for iPhone 5c
- JBL Synchros S300i Stereo Headphones
- AKG K845BT Over-Ear Bluetooth Headset
- JBL Voyager Home Audio System With Portable Wireless Speaker
- Harman Kardon Esquire Executive Portable Wireless Speaker
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air
- Rokform Fuzion+ for iPhone 5/5s
- Incipio Tek-nical for iPad Air
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac