Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey | iLounge News

Forums: Wet nano, Stuck iPod, Love Apple, Thanks Audrey

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Friday, May 4, 2007
News Categories: Forums

This week in the iLounge Discussion Forums: Do you own an iPod nano? Have questions or opinions to share with the iLounge community? The iPod nano forum is nearing its 40,000th post, with the clearly titled iPod nano Washed raising the prospect of how to absorb a washing machine’s liquidy addition to a nano. Some iLoungers suggest using uncooked rice—we’ll be watching to see whether this one gets resolved.

We’ve had this happen once in a while with our own iPods; now a forum member raises it for discussion. In “DO NOT DISCONNECT” message does not go away!, a reader with a 80GB iPod wonders why it’s happening. Have you had similar issues with your own iPod?

It’s a simple question to ask or answer for most people: What makes you love Apple? A design student writing her dissertation wants to know your thoughts; so add them to the thread. Not surprisingly, you’ll also see some people explain why they don’t love Apple.

Always helpful, forum moderator Audrey (honeybee1236) used to maintain FREE iTMS TV Shows Available, a list of free downloadable TV content available on the iTunes Store. Now, readers point out, Apple keeps a list on iTunes, so Audrey’s already moved on to newer and bigger things. You can monitor her recent helpful posts though this link. Thanks for all of your help, Audrey!

« Memorex to debut Mi1111 speaker system

Apple again tops ‘50 Most Innovative Companies’ list »

Comments

yay for Audrey grin

Posted by yinyang on May 4, 2007 at 6:15 PM (PDT)

Your welcome and thank you for the honorable mention.

Posted by Audrey McGirt on May 5, 2007 at 8:30 AM (PDT)

Just F.Y.I. - That free episodes list on iTunes is HORRIBLY out of date.  Half of them aren’t free anymore, some of the episodes arent’ even available to purchase either.  The last release date onthere is Aug. 29th, 2006.

There’s MANY NEW shows available for free right now that aren’t on that list.

So Audrey… feel free to keep it goin’ for us wink

Posted by iScott on May 6, 2007 at 10:04 AM (PDT)

The current iTunes freebie (Free iTunes Downloads)list is stickied at the top of that forum so I’m not keeping it going.  Plus the fact that iTunes has the free shows & songs listed if you check the store.  That list was started before iTunes started keeping the free items list.

Posted by honeybee1236 on May 7, 2007 at 7:44 AM (PDT)

My nano is stuck when i chose a song and its stuck between the Songs menu and the Now playing

Posted by angel on July 1, 2007 at 7:06 PM (PDT)

I want to get a Nano for my talking books. I plan on getting CD’s from the library and downloading them to itunes I guess. That is what I was told to do by a few friends that are doing this because our library system doesn’t offer ebooks in our area. What size Nano should I get ? 8 GB or 16 GB. I would love to have about ( 3 )  12-15 hour Novels on the ipod at one time if I can.

Posted by Rose Sebright on March 5, 2009 at 9:31 PM (PDT)

I went jogging in the rain.  I had my nano iPod in a case and under my clothes.  When I cut it off, it never came back on.  Anyone out there can help?  Must’ve gotten wet, but not much…???  Help.

Posted by Suzi on April 21, 2009 at 5:47 PM (PDT)