Fossil offers iPod, iPod mini cases | iLounge News

Fossil offers iPod, iPod mini cases

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Wednesday, July 20, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageFossil is now selling leather cases for Apple’s iPod and iPod mini.

The vaguely named “Big MP3 Case” fits fourth-generation iPods and comes in an orangish-brown hue with camouflage fabric lining and in a teal leather mock croc pattern. Both styles sell for $15.

Fossil’s “Mini MP3 Case,” also priced at $15, is made specifically for iPod minis. It’s available in black leather with striped red fabric lining.

« iLounge EIC Horwitz on Your Mac Life radio tonight

iPodResQ offers iPod service to APO, FPO, PO Box addresses »

Comments

and I’m sure they’re as cheaply made as everything else from fossil, especially for $15.  I have yet to buy one product of theirs that hasn’t fallen apart within the first 3 months.  Don’t ask why I keep buying things.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on July 20, 2005 at 4:05 PM (PDT)

I could make something better looking and longer lasting than that!

Posted by Marbrug on July 20, 2005 at 5:10 PM (PDT)

The iPod has been out for years now and companies like Fossil still call it the I-pod. Ugh

Posted by MadMac on July 21, 2005 at 7:18 AM (PDT)

In defense of Fossil, I’ve had a Fossil wallet for going on two years now, I abuse the crap out of the poor thing (George Costanza’s got nothing on me), and it’s held up fine.

That said, though, these cases look neither very protective nor very attractive. Pass.

Posted by kingpause on July 21, 2005 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

This case is actually very nice.  I purchased it and it was very inexpensive ($15.)  It is cheap for real leather. Belt clip is nice overall a 5 out of 5.

Posted by jwalk on July 21, 2005 at 3:47 PM (PDT)

I have the mini case, and all i can say is that it is the best case i have ever owned for the ipod mini….it is very protective, even has a little plastic part for the screen…another sweet aspect of it is that it has a spot so the wire can fit in the bottom of it, it can be in the case and charge…The belt clip is every nice.  the look of it is very nice also..the red inside complements the worn brownish outside.the stitching is also done nicely.

Posted by YoHenYo on August 4, 2005 at 12:03 PM (PDT)