Fotopedia National Parks gets new iPad update, now free
In celebration of Earth Day and National Parks Week, Fotopedia has released a new update to its National Parks app for iOS with support for the third-generation iPad Retina Display and a collection of new photos and visual stories. Fotopedia National Parks takes users on a visual exploration of the 58 National Parks across the U.S. with over 3,000 high-resolution images with point-of-interest descriptions throughout. The new version features a new Visual Stories section, published several times per week that provides a new way to experience the beauty and adventures of the National Parks in a magazine format.
The extraordinary image collection contained in the app is the result of a ten-year project by renowned photographer Quang-Tuan Luong who was the first person to photograph all 58 U.S. National Parks with a large format camera, travelling over 100,000 miles and producing extremely detailed photos that immerse the viewer in the landscapes. Users can navigate through the collection by searching or using smart tags and interactive maps as well as viewing instant slideshows and downloading free wallpapers; users can also mark photos as favourites to build their own personalized albums and share photos via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. The app also includes a trip planner and itinerary builder for planning a visit to any of the various National Parks. Fotopedia National Parks is a universal app and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- AG Drive, Delectable Wines, Google Maps + more
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- Report: Apple to release iOS public betas
- Dropbox, Google Play Music, Microsoft Office Apps, Microsoft Outlook, NBC + more
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple adds vehicles to list of company’s activities in Switzerland
- Cook: Apple Watch to be available outside U.S. in April
- Apple Watch to have low energy ‘Power Reserve’ mode
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Cook: Apple Watch ‘designed to be able to replace car keys’
- Apple again under fire as Ericsson escalates legal action
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?