Foursquare app gets major redesign
Popular location based social network Foursquare has released a major update to its iPhone app featuring a completely redesigned user interface. Foursquare 5.0 has essentially been completely rebuilt as an almost entirely new app designed with a focus on making the Foursquare mobile experience easier, more intuitive and more in-line with how people typically use the app. The Check-in button has been moved to the top-right corner for easier access, with the bottom navigation bar simplified to contain three major categories: Friends, Explore and Profile. The new Friends screen is now more photo-centric, with huge, swipeable photos presented in the timeline alongside tips, lists and places saved by friends; users can also now quickly “like” and comment on activity directly from the timeline view.
The Explore section has also undergone a similar redesign with an emphasis on presenting information right away instead of forcing users to search and providing information on nearby friends as well as tips on deals and recommendations nearby, based on the user’s previous check-ins, friends’ check-ins and general Foursquare community activity. The app can also now adjust recommendations based on whether a user is in their normal home neighbourhood or travelling, and users can still search for and browse through popular categories to find more specific recommendations. The third Profile tab allows users to more quickly swipe through their history, look up their favourites, and discover other relevant information such as stats, tips, lists, badges, photos and more. Foursquare 5.0 requires iOS 5.0 or later and is available from the App Store as a free download.
- Halo: Spartan Bundle, Cut!, Sago Mini Toolbox, Chrome, System Monitor + Tumblr
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Implosion, Last Voyage, Glass, Instagram + Snapseed
- Sprint, UK’s EE add Wi-Fi calling with iOS 8.3
- Apple releases iOS 8.3, iCloud Photo Library comes out of beta
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?